Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

SuZhi Pure Vegan Tea & Restaurant

Nanxincang Business Building 1F, Dongsishitao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Also known as Sunao. Upscale setting. The chef has much experience cooking vegetarian cuisine. Open Mon-Sun 9:30am-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Minni

PaulJGrey

Contributions +36

17 Jun 2018

Our favourite meal in Beijing. - Edit

The vegan 🐠 was remarkable. We tried the beef too.

Pros: Good service and 🍷.

TheFlyingVegan

Contributions +150

06 Apr 2018

Delicious Food in a lovely place - Edit

I’ve been to this place twice now in the last 2 weeks and I’ll definitely return there. The restaurant is about 2 minutes from the metro station on the left outside of a large office building. It is beautifully decorated (I especially like the real salads in big vases) and the staff are very friendly (no one speaks a lot of English but they translate with their phones. This can lead to hilarious results but they are really very helpful.
You order the food with ipads (fotos and english titles), the staff will help you) and it is absolutely delicious and very prettily prepared and presented. The portions aren’t enormous and it’s not cheap but definitely worth it.
I can recommend the Black Pepper Mushrooms (cold), the Wuohoming Tofu and the Cucumber Flowers.

Pros: Very good food and the staff is friendly and helpf

SibelLagerdahl

Contributions +44

17 Jan 2018

Nice food in relaxed but upscale setting - Edit

Food was lovely other than the soup I ordered ( can't remember the name of it sorry!) Their menus are all digital pads so difficult to know what to do if you accidentally choose the wrong thing as not all in English. A little bit overpriced but not crazy expensive.

Pros: near metro , smiley staff

Cons: expensive, digital menu

golans

Contributions +35

07 Aug 2017

Beautiful upscale place - Edit

Nice setting, great food, wide selection.
Relatively expensive. Limited English Menu.

RosalievanDeursen

Contributions +47

29 Jul 2017

100% great! - Edit

Lovely place, great food! Friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere. Love to come back, so many choices!
Funny the place turned into a big party when I was having my brunch: Chinese wedding! 🎉

bluedonut

Contributions +75

01 Jul 2017

Great place - Edit

Certainly recommend this place, it's rather elegant, and appears to have undergone a name change...but the address is correct. We had the spicy beef, some country vegetable thing, and some other yam, mushroom, celery dish. It's open all day....and yes it's very near the subway though we took a taxi from our hotel. Figure on USD$60 for 3 dishes, 3 beers, 3 rice, and 1 dessert. You can do it much cheaper though, e.g. a nice noodle dish for $12. No wine by the glass, just bottle. Tea service of course.

Pros: food, ambiance, service

Cons: no wine by the glass

MichielVanD

Contributions +151

05 Apr 2017

Hidden gem - Edit

Sometimes the strangest things happen. We walked in a random building in Beijing close to the NUO hotel and suddenly saw a sign that said: Vegan. We followed it and it turned out to be the best restaurant ever!

Run by a Buddhist and made with only fresh organic healthy ingredients. This place has so many choices and all are delicious. We went back on numerous occasions and still have not tasted everything!

Sunao in Zhejiang, Beijing is inside the Lido building on the second floor. They have iPads with the menu, in English, staff sometimes speaks English, not always. They all are super friendly.

It seems more pricey than normal in Beijing but it is definitely worth it, then attention and preparation of the food is something rarely seen. It is better than most vegan restaurants I have ever been!

Pros: delicious meals, lots of choices, friendly staff

viedma

Contributions +21

04 Jan 2016

Great food - Edit

Very relaxing and great food!

Pros: Lots of options

Lanky

Contributions +236

03 Jun 2015

Great Food, good value - Edit

I really enjoyed my meal at Suzhi last night. The dishes were tasty and artfully presented. One of the staff was even friendly!
The portions were not huge, but that was good for me because i like to be able to order more than one thing.
I thought the price was very reasonable for Beijing... most dishes ranged from about Y48 up to about Y70- not a cheap eat, but much cheaper than some of the other classy vegetarian places around.
The restaurant is on the left side of the building as you come out of dongsishitiao south-west exit.

Pros: Great food, Good Value, German Beer

MartinOscarsson

Contributions +16

14 Jan 2014

Amazing food and atmosphere - Edit

We had a few hours on the airport, so we went in to town for vegan lunch. This place was unbelievable! Really cheap and the best food i've ever eaten. And the presentation was wonderful alike. Everyone in Beijing should go.
We had "duck", "fish", "ribs", some soup and the most well brew tea I've ever had.

Minni

Contributions +250

30 Sep 2013

Peaceful atmosphere - Edit

The restaurant is situated right next to Dongsishitiao subway (line 2). It's easy to find from the south-west side of the bridge.

Food seems to be Taiwanese and Hong Kong style, also some Korean and Thailand style dishes, such as kimchi. I found the food fresh and food presentation delightful. They use dairy in some of the dishes but it's easy to spot. The menu is in English and has pictures.

Restaurant is a little more expensive, but definitely moderately so. We ordered three dishes, one soup, soy milk and an iced smoothie, everything for bit more than 200 RMB. The restaurant reminds me of the Pure Lotus restaurant chain, but I consider the atmosphere more peaceful and prices more reasonable. Will definitely come back!

Pros: peaceful atmosphere, variety to the traditional dishes

Cons: not vegan

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has SuZhi Pure Vegan Tea & Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.