Susty's Cafe

603-942-5862

159 1st New Hampshire Turnpike, Northwood, New Hampshire, USA, 03261

Vegan food cafe. Menu features items like lasagna, seitan dishes, tempeh hash, grilled cheeze, and nachos. Sunday is all-you-can-eat brunch. Bring your own wine or beer; corkscrews and glasses provided. Confirmed open, Jan 2015. Open Thu-Sat 11:30am-8:00pm, Sun 10:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Buffet, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Fallenxero

Good desserts - Edit

Sustys is on my way to one of my research sites so I was very excited to try it. I vegan restaurant in small town New Hampshire!!

And they have great chia teas with maple syrup and good dessert if you catch them when they are open.

That being said the one time I stopped in for lunch I was not super impressed. I got a tofu sandwich and it tasted like it was reheated and portions were small.

I would like to try there brunch some day. But during the field season I will be sticking to tea and dessert.

Pros: Good tea, Dessert!, All vegan in New Hampshire!

Cons: Open odd hours, Lunch not great

Spectacular Brunch! - Edit

We absolutely love Sustys! We try to make our way to brunch every Sunday. It is always amazing and we always leave with very full bellies! We also appreciate the "take out" sandwiches available in a moments notice. Try the foccacia and you'll come back again and again....guaranteed. Thank you Norma for making us smile!

Pros: consistently wonderful, Good vibes,

Cons: wish they were open 24/7 ;)

nothing better - Edit

I love me some sustys! Amazing entrees and love the specials!

Pros: vegan , cozy

vegan restaurant right in my back yard - Edit

My husband and I love this place! The best comfort type vegan food We've found!

Pros: dishes you can indulge in , prices

Cons: no alcohol , weak atmosphere , odd hours

Sunday brunch - Edit

Stomach too small to accommodate all the tasty food. Beyond great! They really know how to prepare vegan food. The brunch has many different flavors to try, difficult to pick a favorite.

Great Vegan Brunch - Edit

Went out of my way during a road trip to try their Sunday brunch buffet. I was not at all disappointed. Great healthy and tasty options. Best Vegan french toast I have ever had for sure (have had many). Options are a beautiful thing; this one of the few Vegan spots I have been to with a lot of options that I would actually pay for.

Pros: Everything was good.

Cons: Service could be a little better, but it wasn't ba

love this place! - Edit

My husband and I love Susty's. We try to go every Sunday for the brunch. It's a great way to try a variety of their food items which are always delicious. They make the best vegan French toast, so I recommend that. The Shepard's Pie is great too.

Love this place! - Edit

Awesome food, good prices, great atmosphere, peaceful location. Definitely check it out!

Very much open! Very much Awesome! - Edit

Birthday celebration here and as usual, it was all great!!!

awesome! - Edit

My family and I love this place! They know us by name we go so much. Awesome atmosphere and 100% vegan. There breakfast bar is to die for!!

Pros: awesome staff, really good baked good

Cons: kind of exspensive

Good, Clean, Reasonable, Outdoor Seating Available - Edit

While in New Hampshire, I discovered this little cafe style restaurant. It is casual, reasonably priced, and has outdoor seating, which was great, because I was able to dine while accompanied by my pooch. I tried the lasagna, which was pretty good. I also had a soup, the name of which I can't remember, but it resembled a corn chowder with veggies in it; very delicious. I also had an iced chai drink. I have never really had one before, but I very much enjoyed it. Surprisingly, I thought that my peanut butter-chocolate brownie dessert was just okay; I would skip that on future visits. I did bring home some cookies and a pudding, but I have not yet tried them. I want to try to go to Susty's for their Sunday brunch, which will give me the chance to try a lot more items that looked good.

Pros: Good food, Clean, Outdoor Seating Available

The Best - Edit

This place is great. It's a cozy little restaurant with a super friendly staff. It's all vegan, and everything I've had was delicious.

They host a brunch every Sunday which is such a comforting & exciting experience as a vegan.

They also have cooking classes periodically!

Pros: All Vegan, Delicious, Comforting

Absolutely Delicious - Edit

I found this restaurant using my Happy Cow app, and I am so happy I did! This place was absolutely amazing, great food, great costumer service, and it is ran by a woman who makes a living making delicious vegan foods using her garden and her hands. I brought my mother who is not vegan or vegetarian and she loved the place as well. The atmosphere is laid back and calming, and you get what you pay for through and through. I will be going back very shortly!

Pros: Options! , Friendly , Excellent food

Surprise... Vegan Haven!! - Edit

What a GREAT find!! We were visiting NH back in Oct 2013 for family reasons and had some "interesting" culinary experiences before we discovered cute lil' Susty's just up Rte 4 in Northwood. We haven't lived on the NH seacoast for nearly 20 yrs. Susty's was definitely not there last time we were.

We enjoyed a most nutritious, delicious, home-cooked Sunday brunch, featuring (among many other fabulous treats!), the very best tofu scramble EVER (Sorry, Green... yours is really wonderful --> that this one beats even yours says a LOT!!) Hubs and i totally stuffed ourselves and relished every bite!

Susty's Sunday brunch offered up a great variety of colorful and inviting food choices including sweet and cinnamony homemade apple sauce. (of course, it was apple season in NH!!) Everything served was fresh and organic (if possible) and seemed simply and expertly prepared. Gramma couldn't make it any better.

If Susty's were my place... i'd update her dining room decor to match the incredibly high quality homey fare you can expect to feast on when you walk in the door hungry for something scrumptious to eat. (Don't need psychedelic 1960s Bezerkeley to serve excellent vegan eats anymore.) And i'd get more comfy chairs and tables and booths in that space. Nothing fancy, just calming and homey. I wanna hang out and meet all my friends there!! Susty's dining room needs and *deserves* a beauty and comfort makeover!! (ONLY reason for rating 4 cows instead of 5.)

My only real complaint is that my stomach wasn't bigger! i could've happily eaten even more... just because it was ALL sooo tasty and obviously prepared with much love!!

If you're a choosy vegan foodie wandering the wilds of Cow Hampshire in search of a seriously decent meal... get thyself directly to Susty's! (Do not pass GO... Don't need $200!) And enjoy!!

Thanks, Susty's, for being a real highlight in a mostly very stressful visit back up north!! xo
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 16, 2014

Pros: Friendly service!!, EXCELLENT food!!, Really REALLY yummy food!!

Cons: Dated decor in such a cute setting!!, Too few tables and no booths, Susty's isn't in SATX :P

A Vegan Oasis! - Edit

I'm not sure what surprises me more-the great food or the fact that Susty's has been around for so many years in such a very unlikely location. I live just a few miles from the restaurant, which makes it great for me. But considering there is no real "downtown Northwood" (Susty's is bordered by the public library and some gas stations)nor an apparent commune of vegans, it speaks volumes for the quality of the food.Go there and enjoy!

Pros: Good Menu with daily specials

Cons: Service can be slow at times

Excellent Dining Experience!! A must visit!! - Edit

The food here is phenomenal. Our favorites include the tofu fries, black bean burgers and the stuffed mushrooms!!

Pros: excellent food, Great Atmosphere

Awesome cafe - Edit

Great down-to earth atmosphere, great food and decent prices. We always enjoy ourselves at Susty's and I can't recommend it enough. Thanks to the other reviewers for steering me to Susty's Cafe!

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Good value

Vegan Heaven - Edit

My family held my 30th birthday party here. This was my first visit to Susty's, and I loved it! Everything on the menu looked so delicious, so my sister and I went halfsies. She ordered tofu stir fry, and I ordered the shepherd pie, which was made with seitan. I also had a bite of my mother's seitan pepper steak wrap and of my father's tofu lasagna. We had the tofu fries and soy fritters for appetizers as well. It was all excellent, especially the tofu fries. The wrap was a little spicy for my liking, but everything was insanely good. There are dessert items in the restaurant, but my family had pre-ordered a birthday cake there. SOO good!

Pros: delicious food, nice environment

Return to Northwood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Susty's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.