CLOSED: Sustainable NYC

• Vegetarian

Contact 212-254-5400

139 Ave A (at E 9th St), New York City, New York, USA, 10009

Eco-boutique and cafe serving fair-trade coffee, locally sourced and organic pastries, salads and soups from Ciao For Now, and also vegan ice cream from Lula's Sweet Apothecary. Gluten free and vegan menu options too. Confirmed closed, Aug 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Ice cream

First Review by sglcklch

OK store, so-so cafe - Edit

Stumbled upon this store while walking around East Village to check out the veg*n eateries/health food stores in the neighborhood. Was originally headed to Lula's Sweet Apothecary but they were closed. I remembered this store was mentioned on the door notice so I walked in hoping to get some ice cream. Cafe was in the back and the rest was all non-food sustainable products. They had a lot of locally made lip balms, lotions, moisturizers, etc. Tried a couple, seemed nice. However the ice cream was not so good. Got two scoops, chai and chocolate, were too soft and tad too sweet for my liking. To be fair they did tell me it was very soft, but it was AFTER I ordered and when the staffer was already scooping it up. Could have asked me if I still wanted it. I would suggest you ask first if you intend to try the ice cream. They also had some baked goods, which didn't look too good.

Pros: local products

Cons: soft ice cream

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sustainable NYC closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 998 times since Feb 2012.