Sushi Hunter

541-614-1688

4157 NW US 101 Ste 137, Lincoln City, Oregon, USA, 97367

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese restaurant, labels the vegetarian items. One could have veggie maki and sushi rolls, seaweed salad, edamame, tofu, vegetable potstickers (gyoza), udon noodles,and miso soup (reported vegan as of Jul 2016). Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by msmayz

vegan option special request - Edit

Our extended family chose to eat at mcmanimin across the street that had nothing for us so we tried this place. Originally wanted the soup noodles but found out they only have beef or pork broth. However we told them we are vegan and they special made vegetable fried rice with tofu and stir fried rice noodle. We also got steamed vegetable dumpling and 2 salads. Good to have something for us in a pinch.

Pros: can make vegan food special request

Cons: some item are not vegetarian as the menu indicate.

Nice to have options... - Edit

Fairly mediocre and plain tasting food. Good to have a vegan option here, but that's about all I can say.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Bland flavors

Fresh vegan options and friendly service - Edit

There aren't many vegan dining options in Lincoln City, so finding Sushi Hunter felt like a miracle. Our server was extremely friendly and was happy to confirm for us that the miso soup was vegan. In addition to that, we ordered the vegetable potstickers (gyoza) as an appetizer to split, although with only six gyoza I could have easily eaten the entire dish myself! The gyoza were tasty -- pan-fried on the bottom and crispy on top, with a combination of shredded cabbage, carrots, cucumber, and edamame inside. They came with a small dish of ponzu sauce on the side. For my main course, I ordered the AAC (avocado, asparagus, and cucumber) Roll, and it was unbelievably light, crispy, and fresh. Everything we had here was phenomenal.

The "veggie" options are marked on the menu with a small green leaf. I noticed that one of them, however -- the Agedashi Tofu -- mentioned in the description that it was topped with a sprinkling of bonito (tuna) flakes. So, just be aware that, even if you order a seemingly "veg" item, you may need to confirm that your food not contain any fish, bonito flakes, fish sauce, etc.

Prices are inexpensive to moderate, depending on what you order. Parking was easy and right off the main strip (Highway 101). Sushi Hunter shares a building with Coldstone Creamery, which is easy to spot from the road.

Pros: Excellent food, Fast, friendly service

Return to Lincoln City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sushi Hunter closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.