Sushi Groove

Contact 801-467-7420

2910 Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers 10+ veggie rolls, of which several are vegan - ask about mayonaise. DJs Tuesday and Friday nights, live jazz Wednesdays. Open late weekends.

Category: Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by aimeecow

meh - Edit

i was very excited about coming here after reading about a bunch of vegan rolls. however, this was the most americanized and white restaurant ive been to. The rice was completely uneven and the rolls fell apart easily. the ingredients seemed pretty fresh though. the sweet inari roll with strawberries, mango, and avocado was the only roll i liked, out of four. It was crowded and small, with bright colors and loud music. the prep station for the sushi chefs was messy, which was very offputting for me. the rolls werent too pricey and my partner left really full, however i wouldnt recommend it to someone who enjoys the art that sushi can be.

Pros: good ingredients, inari, vegan listed

Cons: no tempura, too small and crowded.

GREAT VEGAN SUSHI - Edit

I went to this place with pretty high hopes. The Atmosphere was less than I expected. It's fun and young, but also very small and run down. Started out with the agedashi tofu (my favorite dish in the world) and it was probably the worst I've ever had. It was truly, BUT they took it back without a problem and took it off my check. I ended with the vegan desert mochi (a soft, rice dough wrapped around a scoop of ice cream) and that was just rock-hard and tasted like plastic... The only good thing, and honestly it's good enough to come back just for this, was their vegan sushi options. I'm sure you know that when you go out for sushi, you don't have a problem finding vegan options. You should also know that it's never anything super exciting. There's always one or two rolls of cucumber and avocado. Sushi Groove has a whole page, of 10+ veggie rolls that are incredible. They are not shy with unique ingredients. Some of the best sushi I've ever had. And the prices are great, too. If you're vegan/vegetarian and like sushi GO TO SUSHI GROOVE!!

Pros: Wide Selection , Unique Combinations, VERY affordable for sushi

Cons: Agedashi Tofu (starter), Mochi (dessert)

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sushi Groove closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 594 times since Jan 2013.