First Review by Veganpassion

2nd address and recipes changed? Be sure to ask... - Edit

This is one of our preferred sushi restaurants in town, but it seems like their recipes and ingredients have been changing.

They've opened a second location in the south of town (28th & Oak) and shortly after that I asked about the miso and was told it contained fish broth though; we've been told it was vegan in the past. I also thought the rice wasn't as flavorful this last time. So I wonder if they've changed both recipes and brands.

By the way they are open until 9:30 Sat. and closed Sundays.

Pros: Good inari, Friendly staff

Cons: Staff don't always understand 'Vegan'

Best Veg Options - Edit

We loved Sushi Domo when we lived in Eugene and dined there regularly. It does get busy in the evenings, some nights we'd see the line and go elsewhere, but you can call in orders to go which we often did.

They have an extensive list of veg sushi. Like another reviewer I also love the dessert maki and I was a big fan of the sweet and sour rolls too. Pretty much all the veg rolls we tried were good. The sushi chefs are the same guys that are always there, one tends to roll a bit looser than the others and they're harder to keep together, but overall they're quality rolls.

They do have some odd hours and aren't open on weekend afternoons I think. We tried to take some friends there a couple times to find they were closed so check the hours before you go.

I've still not found a sushi place with as many veg options or as good. I highly recommend this place for a veg sushi craving.

Pros: Many options, Tasty, Friendly staff

Cons: Closed at times?, Wary about shared workspace with fish

Best Sushi in Eugene - Edit

Emerald City and Crop Burning are 2 of my favorites. Just watch out for egg as there are a couple of names for it on the menu. So delicious. Get there early - it can get packed at dinner time.

Pros: Many veggie options

Cons: A bit pricey, Can have long wait time

Order the "Gail Rolls!" You Won't Be Sorry - Edit

From the first moment I entered this restaurant, I knew I was going to love it. They have an entire vegetarian sushi menu, and I was in sushi heaven! Especially delightful are the rolls called "Crop Burning" made with avocado, cucumber, and shitake mushroom, and topped with a dab of spicy hot sauce, and the "Dessert Roll" a combination of mandarin orange, cashew, and coconut. Not on the menu, but always available are "Gail Rolls," which are made with avocado, cucumber, and inari (sweet fried tofu) wrapped inside-out and rolled in sesame seeds. Yum!

Pros: delicious sushi, wonderful waitresses

Cons: can get busy

Return to Eugene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sushi Domo - Green Acres Rd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1179 times since Aug 2007.