Sushi 101 Bar & Grill

Contact 480-317-0101

920 E University Dr Ste D101, Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85281

Serves meat, vegan options available. Full-service sushi restaurant across the street from the ASU campus with vegan designations marked in green on the menu. Website also lists a section for vegan sushi items. There are about 9 vegan sushi rolls options, several vegan appetizers, and sides. Happy hour daily 4-7pm, 9pm-close. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-11:00pm, Thu-Fri 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Awesome! - Edit

This place was great! They had a separate vegan menu and everything in green on the menu is vegan. I had the spicy edamame, sweet potato roll (which was soooo good), and the avocado and cucumber roll. They had several interesting options including a side of vegan tuna and vegan crispy spring rolls. Very nice service.

Pros: Separate vegan menu , Unique vegan options, Nice service

Cons: Prices were a little high

Vegan Sushi - Edit

When a fellow vegan told me about all the vegan options here, I couldn't wait to check them out. We're not talking an avocado roll here or a tofu salad there. No, no. They offer a nice variety of vegan sushi rolls; 9 vegan rolls are featured on their menu. Vegan appetizers include spring rolls, tempura vegetables, and a few other options. If it's written in green, it's vegan.

The Springs Rolls were fried to a golden brown and were deliciously crunchy. Not all sauces are created equal, but I love their sweet and sour dipping sauce. The Veggie Tempura was ok.

My favorite roll is their Lotus Roll. Made with asparagus tempura, avocado, and mango (I omit the cucumbers), this is a tastebud tantalizing dish.

If you enjoy a little spice, try the Gardenfire Roll, which consists of jalapeño, peppers, & Sriracha. It is a hearty roll that is sure to light your fire!

I also got a side order of their fried rice (sans egg to make it vegan. Also note how the word "egg" is written in black, not green) and surprisingly, it was some of the best fried rice that I have ever had outside of my hometown. I was very impressed.

They have happy hour every day from 4pm-7pm, and from 9pm-close. Happy Hour prices for appetizers and sushi rolls are written in red on the menu, so there's no guesswork here.

We have always had decent service here. I'm a fan!

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sushi 101 Bar & Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.