Susha

Serves fish, vegan options available. Offers fish. Meets the Israeli vegan friendly standard. Small Kosher Asian food restaurant with a large menu, many marked vegan items. Offers soup, dim sum, egg rolls, salads, and sushi. Open one hour after Shabbat ends on Saturday. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-1:00am, Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri 11:00am-3:30pm, Sat 7:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Japanese, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by OshriVeg

Greasy, unauthentic, and subpar - Edit

Tel Aviv is known for having the 3rd highest Sushi-per-Square-Meter in the world behind only Tokyo and NYC, but this is one of those places where I wish Tel Aviv had less quantity of sushi places and more quality.

The only reason to go here is the Sushi and I don;t recommend that particularly either.

The worst thing i tried here was the spicy tofu. It was a disgrace. According to the menu it comes in a lemon chili sauce (which sounded great). In reality, it was deep fried tofu, served with a tiny plastic cup of mayonnaise on the side. When i asked about the sauces, he claimed that the Mayonnaise IS the lemon sauce. When I asked him about the Chili, he looked at me and begrudgingly asked "do you really want that too?", before putting some cold sweet chili in a tiny plastic cup. It was almost inedible. Anyone who has ever eaten authentic Asian, knows that Mayonnaise is not exactly a traditional tofu spread, but hat made it trully inedible was the greasyness. When I decided to order some steamed rice, he gave me a bowl of cold sushi rice.

Despite this I recently came back a second time and had the miso soup which was decent, but i finished my meal with the Vege-Yamamba Sushi Roll, which was dripping in oil.

While the Miso soup was okay, I would nominate this restaurant for one of the worst tofus I've ever had. The first time I came here, I went in because I was protein deprived after 2 weeks with meat eaters, and needed a good meal, and somehow both times I came out feeling worse and sicker than when I walked in.

Considering how close this is to some really good Asian and Vegetarian restaurants, I won't be returning

Pros: None

Cons: Greasy, uninspired, unauthentic, Overpriced, Unfriendly service

Really good sushi - Edit

Good and fresh affordable sushi. the place is nice and clean but I could barely feel the AC which is VERY onerous in a Tel Aviv hot & humid summers.

Pros: Clean place, prices, good sushi

Cons: AC barely working!

Return to Tel Aviv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Susha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 580 times since Jul 2014.