CLOSED: Surya Restaurant Raw

Ul Walowa 3, Warsaw, Poland,

Vegan restaurant with majority of menu is modern fusion raw with several cooked options. Serves fair trade coffee and tea. Located near city center on Ul Wałowa. MAY 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by mistochele

Expensive but worth it - Edit

Delicious food!!!! So healthy. The main problem is they run out of food. Got there at 7 and they were out of 2 of their 3 main dishes. Kind of ridiclous. And again expensive. I wish such healthy food wouldnt cost so much. Gorgeous establishment though.

Quite Amazing - Edit

I used to come here in the 2000's when it was called Sadhu vegetarian then it started to sell meat. Now a new name and it is raw food vegan. I'm not that into raw food but i can't imagine a better place than this to give it a go. We went for my 40th birthday meal on 11 April 2013 and had a fabulous warm and welcoming dining experience with excellent food and wine. To start the bread and dips of guacamole and tapenade were quite sublime. My main course of Pad Thai was spicy and very tasty. The other main course was a cold pasta dish with nut 'meat' balls. Simply outstanding. To finish off we had a fig & coconut slice and a creamed chocolate banana type of mousse. The restaurant is well run and oozes with pride and quality. It's a bit like an old Spaghetti Western ranch inside meant in a positive way.

Pros: good food, amazing setting, lovely staff

Cons: a bit out of the way

Great raw vegan food, definitely worth a visit - Edit

We went here for lunch one day during our recent visit to Warsaw. Since it is located near the old town, it's a really convenient place to go for an energising meal before, during or after some sightseeing.

It's location is really interesting as it's in a residential area and housed in what we heard was a former air raid shelter. After entering what seems to be a small building, you go down some stairs and into a large open space underground.

The staff were really friendly and helpful as soon as we stepped into the restaurant and guided us through the menu, which apparently alternates daily. We went for the mixed dish, which allows you to try several of the dishes on offer.

As for the food, it was absolutely delicious! We tried the 'pizza' (made from a base of seeds and topped with some kind of spread and fresh, raw vegetables), the 'perogi' (made from thinly sliced beetroot filled with almond 'cheese') and the 'scrambled egg' (some kind of paste/spread made from sunflower seeds).

We also had dessert - chocolate 'cream' (mashed bananas with crushed raw cocoa) and chocolate 'cheesecake'. We washed it all down with a lovely infusion made with fresh ginger, orange/lemon peel and crushed dates - amazing!

The price we paid was reasonable for what we had and we would definitely recommend it to anyone, whether your veggie, vegan or raw-vegan.

Pros: Friendly, helpful staff, Really fresh, wholesome food

Cons: It was cold (we went in winter)

Sweet place, inspiring atmosphere - Edit

The location is lovely and really special. A lot of wood and arts. Very cosy place with sofas and pillows. Warm atmosphere (but actually a little cold, so don't forget to bring warm socks). Apparently, they have a changing menu with several choices for starters, main courses and desserts, and everything is raw! (except one choice that is cooked) Also they offer very nice juices and smoothies. Everything sounded delicious, but I had to make up my mind. I went for a combo-plate with 3 different preparations, had a smoothie, a tea, and finally a raw cake dessert. In total I paid 82 zlotys which is actually a reasonnable price for what I received.

Pros: inspiring locations, sweet staff, Everything raw

Cons: bring warm clothes

What a gem! - Edit

A lovely vegan restaurant in Warsaw. There are cooked options but you should really try their amazing raw creations. I went twice and tried the raw hamburger and the raw lasagne. Both were delicious! I also had some raw cheesecake and raw chocolate mousse - divine. Committed raw foodists and sceptical cooked vegans alike will be delighted. The people are super friendly and happy to help in English. I was worried that eating raw food when it's -11 degrees outside wouldn't be great, but I felt great afterwards! The restaurant itself is also in an interesting converted basement. Highly recommended.

Pros: Delicious, Creative, Interesting converted cellar location

Raw Food Oasis in a big town - Edit

Located in a residential neighborhood near a garden, the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming: not pretentious though (and good for curious people who would like to know how the basement was refurbished from its original use).
The food is good quality and well presented.
Good variety of choices of raw food, juices and smoothies
Prices are a bargain.
Would like to go back.

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value

Return to Warsaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Surya Restaurant Raw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 298 times since Aug 2012.