First Review by TheJota

Good food - Edit

..but a little bit expensive and they waitress didn't understand a word in english. The food was fresh made and very tasty but for me it was too expensive, for e.g. two dishes (not that big), two beer, one dessert: 50 euro!

Food cooked and served with love - Edit

I am so happy that me and my boyfriend finally found our way to Suribachy - you will need a map to find the place since it's a 20 minute walk or so from the citycentre. The restaurant has a very calm and nice atmosphere and amazingly friendly owners - but above all - delicios food.
I can't understand at all why the reviews has written that is expensive - it is really not.
We ate a nice starter, I had a tasty and huge portion of pasta carbonara and my boyfriend had the vegan lasanga. We both had godd sicilian wine. After this we could literally not move and the owners offered us some digestif for us to be able to move from our chairs. So unfortunately we did not have place for any dessert. We were very happy anyway. Thank you alot Suribachy! We will return next time we visit Catania!

Pros: great service, delicious food, good prices

Cons: a bit of a walk from the city center

best meal and lovely owners - Edit

First, my husband & I walked in the beautiful restaurant and settled on a table for two. The owner/chef insisted we take a roomier table for 4. Wow! And the service was perfect throughout. Even the chef (husband) came to be sure we were happy.
We had two different pasta dishes and they were so unique, in fact, the best and freshest pasta dishes we've ever had. This is coming from a non-vegan husband and a New Orleans Sicilian who's had pasta dishes my entire life. The desserts were fabulous too.
And, they were open on Sunday! Bottom line is, this restaurant is not to be missed whether you're vegan or not, just for the unique combination of flavors and the love from the owners.

Pros: sweetest, friendliest service, freshest delicious unique food, lovely decor

Awesome meal in Catania - Edit

Sicily has some excellent options for vegans. Sribachy was one of the best meals we had. My fiancé and I had 2 excellent meals there and cannot recommend it enough. Definitely make it here if you can.

Delicious vegan dishes in the centre of Catania - Edit

I went to Suribachy four times for dinner during an holiday in Sicily in the summer of 2014.
The thing I like the most is that all dishes are vegan and prepared with fresh regional ingredients. I tried several pasta dishes and they were all delicious and light. I also liked the salad and the cooked vegetables dishes. In the daily dinner menu there are several other options, including soup, dishes with Seitan and desserts.
The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
I also liked the fact that the restaurant is located in the centre of Catania but not in a tourist area.
I would go back to Suribachy and would recommend it.

Pros: Fresh regional ingredients, Many dishes available, Central location

Call before you go - Edit

We tried to have dinner at Suribachy and arrived at the address listed on the site only to discover a sign that the restaurant had moved to some other location. The proprietor of one of the neighboring stores told us that the restaurant had closed.
In any case, call before you go to make sure that you do not go to some trouble only to be disappointed.
Obviously, under the circumstances we have no comments on the food, prices or service.
I have checked "needs improvement" below because at the very least the listing on your site should be improved and reflect the actual location of the restaurant.

Best Restaurant in Sicily! - Edit

I cannot say enought good things about this place. The food was excellent, the staff was so friendly and the outdoor seating area was lovely - we totally forgot we were in downtown Catania! This is now our favorite place to go - so many delicious dishes to choose from and the desserts are exceptional. They truly put lots of love into what they make - we are telling all of our friends to go here now!

Pros: Amazing staff, Beautiful seating area, Fantastic Food

a "must see"-location in sicily - Edit

suribachy is the best location at catania for veggies. they offer very very good dishes and all vegan. the dont use a normal menue - you have to say what you want and the extremly friendly staff cook the food like you want it. they have really good scrambled tofu and pasta with a vegan "cheese"sauce. and also reeeaaallly good desserts and cakes. the cook can english and will help you out. wine is from sicily.

its a little bit expensive (much more then in germany) but its worth every penny!

we were 8 days in catania and 3 times in suribachy and 3 times in haiku (another vegan restaurant in catania). both are very good.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: a little bit expensive

A great restaurant - Edit

We loved Haiku (another vegan place in Catania) so much that we wanted to eat there everyday we were in Catania, but thought we'd try Suribachy just to see if it was also good. And it was--the staff was ultra friendly and helpful, and the full was excellent--highly recommended.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, healthy food

Cons: not in tourist center of town

Great food, nice place, friendly staff - Edit

In late October 2010 a friend and I have been on a bicycle trip over the lovely isle of Sicilia. She is a vegetarian with the tendency to be vegan. I was (still) a meat eater. It this was my very first - as well as very impressive - experience in a restaurant that is only offering vegan food. On 21st of October we arrived at Catania in the south of Sicilia. My friend had already checked out veggie restaurants on Happy Cow in before. The staff of our hotel recommended not to go to the restaurant, because it resides in a non-tourist area. Nevertheless we decided to check it out.

A very familiar and lovely atmosphere was expecting us. It is a more or less small restaurant with simple furniture but very cosy interiors and decorations. There were several places to sit outside as well as inside. Everything was very nice. We decided to sit outside in the small garden together with Hugo - the restaurants mascot - hello Hugo! Since we were the first ones at that evening (Italians usually eat very late) the staff had and took a lot of time to explain us their dishes - mainly regional and typical Sicilian food. Since they cook only with totally fresh and locally available ingredients the dishes change on a daily basis.

After we discussed the possibilities with the cook, we ordered a mixed plate with different ingredients following our wishes. I can tell you it was very delicious and that (as a sophisticated hobby cook) I never thought it would be possible to create that wonderful and perfect (vegan) food. Afterwards we had to order another plate. As desert we had a Tiramisu (highly recommendable) and a Mousse de Pistacchia, which was also very good.

The prices were moderate, but on a normal level compared to other Sicilian restaurants.

In total I can absolutely recommend you to go to this restaurant. It is already on my whishlist for my next trip to Sicilia :-)

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff

Return to Catania Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Suribachy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.