Surfin' Burro - Food Stall

n/a

5123 Hana Hwy (at Maui), Hana, Hawaii, USA, 96708

Serves meat, vegan options available. Orange color stand selling taco, burrito, quesadilla. Reported one could get veggie options, and beans are not from cans. Salsa available for 50 cents. Open Wed-Sat 7:30am-7:00pm, Sun 7:30am-1:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Mexican, Take-out only, Non-veg

First Review by msinesiou

Burritos in Hana - Edit

Good vegan burrito option in Hana that's open late (7:30p when we were there in September). Portions are generous and inexpensive, especially for Hana. Vegan options in Hana are pretty limited, so this was such a great find for us.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Great Hours, Generous Portions

great vegan option - Edit

Super tasty vegan friendly burrito - try the hot sauce! Muy Caliente!

5 stars! - Edit

I hate that HC won't let me rate this place with 5 stars, but I respect-ish the rules. This place is awesome. We went in the morning for breakfast burritos. I don't do egg and the girls making our food willingly replaced it with their amazing (non-canned) beans and homemade salsa (that I want to drink). My husband (meat eater) enjoyed the standard breakfast burrito with egg even though there is no meat in it. We enjoyed it so much, we went back the next day for dinner. I had the veggie burrito (with extra beans) and was already making plans for dinner the following night. When we arrived on day 3, we were devastated to find the truck closed for the night. We thought we'd be OK until we learned they wouldn't be open for the remainder of our trip. Our vacation was fantastic - absolutely the best we've ever had, but we are leaving with burrito-sized holes in our hearts.

Tips:
They have a vegan burrito.
We've learned to go to dinner early in Hana - lines get long and ingredients run out.
I have no idea how to know what days/hours places are open/closed and have learned not to trust what I read online.
The parking lot is awkward and cars low to the ground WILL scrape their undercarriage.
This place (like others in Hana) relies on backpackers and seasonal workers. The service and your meal's structure/recipe will not always be consistent - view that as a part of your Hana adventure. What will be consistent are the AMAZING ingredients.

I am sorry that I didn't get a pic of the menu. I told the owner I added him here, I'm hoping he will provide one.

Return to Hana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Surfin' Burro - Food Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.