Surf Corner Veggie Tapas Cafe

n/a

Las Cucharas Beach, Costa Teguise, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Formerly all veg, but as of Mar 2013, new management and also serving meat options. Pumpkin soup, freshly made meze, tofu made on the island itself. Easy to find as it's on the far right of the strips of restaurants and surf shops on Las Cucharas beach. Has Wi-Fi. Confirmed open, May 2015. Open Mon-Sun 1:00pm-6:00pm.

Category: International, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by bellaveg

Lovely! - Edit

This little cafe was my savior. I came to the island for a job and seriously barely saw a vegetable since my arrival. My last day I came across the reviews here and went to try it. The couple who runs it is SO sweet and lovely. The atmosphere is cute and the food was really delicious. They are willing to mix and match menu items to make whatever you want! They made me a salad with fresh goats milk cheese (native ) and a lentil rice veggie burger (no bun just the patty) made from scratch. I even had them make me a second order to take to the airport.

What a great find! Looks like they have great desserts and coffee too, though I'm GF so I didn't try.

Pros: made to order , family owned, flexible menu

Veggie burgers by the beach - Edit

The restaurant is tucked behind a surf store and you might miss it if you aren't actively looking for it. The new owners are German and have added traditional german meat dishes to the menu, but they are extremely friendly and helpful when it comes to ordering vegan food. I had their veggie burger and a fresh juice, both of which were delicious. Hands down the best food I had on Lanzarote. Just beware, the kitchen closes at 17.30, so this is a lunch or early dinner place.

on vacation - Edit

was unfortunately closed for holidays from 1st to 16th june 2016.

Finally found it. well worth the search - Edit

This cafe is near to the first aid centre and public toilets right on the beach. Next to a surf store. I'm really glad we managed to find it. The owner was lovely. Really helpful. We all had the veggie burger and chips. The burger was delicious. The orange juice is freshly squeezed with all the bits too. We ended up with a lot of juice due to a confusion with the order but at least we got plenty of vitamin c

Pros: veggie menu that can be veganised easily

Cons: not much room to sit inside, customers smoking, althou outside tables

Lovely cafe - Edit

Very delicious vegetarian food, all fresh prepared. Nice owners. My boyfriend, who isn't a vegetarian, chose the surprise menu, with a little bit of everything and he liked it very much!

Pros: nice owners, freshly prepared

yummy! - Edit

This is a lovely little place just on the beach, you can recognize how nice the food is by the smell when the owner is cooking. Simple menu but so delicious. Try burgers and wraps, rich and served with different tasty sauces every time. Fresh food and clean place... don't miss it!...wine is "aboriginal" coming from the local market...very nice!!!

Return to Costa Teguise Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Surf Corner Veggie Tapas Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.