Surati Farsan Mart

Contact 562-860-2310

11814 E 186th St (at Pioneer Blvd, Little India), Artesia, California, USA, 90701

An Indian sweets and snacks shop that also serves vegetarian Indian snack foods. Food menu includes masala dosa, samosa, petish (fried balls with stuffing), panipuri (small fried whole wheat puffy shells stuffed with spiced beans and potatoes), deli smabhar, and many more snack foods. Offers shipping via UPS. Modern interior featuring a glass snacks counter where you can see all the various sweets and snacks for sale by weight. Contemporary style furniture seating. Note that some things contain cheese, yogurt, or milk.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by sallyseven

Alok Exports, Mumbai, INDIA - Edit

ALOK EXPORTS
GLOBAL EXPORTERS

Professionals to the Core
TRY US ONCE YOU WILL NEVER FORGET US
Respected Sir / Madam,
Even though Alok Exports is nearing its 20th anniversary, many people do not know about it. We would like you to know about company and your needs. Please click www.alokexports.com or cut and paste it in to your browser to know more about us. Thank you.
Any further information required shall be provided. Awaiting your reply.
Regards
Support
Alok Exports
[email protected]
+91-7718038454

Fun experience - Edit

Had read about this on HappyCow and came by to try the food. Here's my Surati Farsan Mart review.

I was very impressed walking into the store. It's very clean, modern, and elegant. The walls are painted red and black and the lighting over the glass cases are bright yellow. Many different sweets and fried salty snacks are presented in glass cases, and everything looked interesting.

I bought a little of almost everything that's without dairy. Vegans should ask.

Pros: many choices, tasty snacks, service

Tasty Indian Snacks - Edit

My family and I love Surati Farsan Mart. This place is pure vegetarian and a haven for vegans. The restaurant is small with limited seating, extremely clean, friendly and efficient staff. The food is very tasty and made fresh to order. The Kitchadi Matho is to die for and I always craved it when I was pregnant. In Indian sweet marts you will find the food is very oily and filled with sugar, however at Surati the food has no oily residue and is very light and refreshing. They also make amazing indian tea. A must go to, if you are in Artesian.

Pros: Fresh food, Pure veg, Tasty food

Cons: Limited seatind, Limited parking

Authentic Gujarati Food and Snacks - Edit

Surati Farsan Mart caters to a predominantly Indian clientele. Most of the dishes are spicy and brings back memories of eating in India. Their chaat dishes are excellent.

Pros: Excellent food, Weekdays are the best time to go, Friendly staff

Cons: Crowded during weekends, Parking is limited

Amazing - Edit

I hadn't really had Gujarati food before this restaurant but I always loved Indian food. I have to say this place is amazing. I haven't been since I went vegan but I loved most items on the menu. Everything is vegetarian and I suspect there are items on the menu that are vegan.

The food is very reasonably priced and it's quite a fun culinary and cultural adventure.

The place can get very crowded but all the items are really reasonably priced.

You may not know what most of the items on the menu are but I always enjoy taking friends and ordering lots of items tapa style and sampling everything. It might help, though, to bring a friend familiar with this food.

Pros: great food, cheap, fun

Cons: crowded

Return to Artesia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Surati Farsan Mart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1309 times since Aug 2007.