Surakarta

071-5123524

Noordeinde 51-53, Leiden, Netherlands, 2311 CB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, cozy, and popular Indonesian restaurant in the center of Leiden, very close to the two main shopping streets. Serves one vegetarian starter (spring roll filled with vegetables) and five set vegetarian meals. It is also possible to make a choice of the various separate vegetarian dishes available (vegetables, eggs, bean curd). Specializes in dishes from Mid-Java which are only moderately spicy, but more spicy dishes are also available. Non-smoking policy, as obligatory in The Netherlands for all restaurants.

Category: Ovo, Delivery, Take-out, Indonesian, Non-veg

First Review by Sdry

Great Indonesiam Restautrant - Edit

I thoroughly enjoyed eating at this restaurant.
While looking through the menu crackers and a chlli sauce were brought to the table. Usually these would be prawn or fish crackers, but I asked if they contained fish and the waitress said straight away, "no, they are vegan".

I shared the Vegetarian Reistafel, which consists of many small dishes are brought to the table. As I ordered, the waitress asked if we wanted it to be vegan. We didn't but I was pleased that they understand what vegetarian and vegan means and are happy to cater for both.

The quality and taste of the food was excellent. And although the Reistafel is a main course rather than a set menu it was plenty of food for two. The price was just under 20€ per person, which is not a budget price but value considering the one course was plenty and delicious.

Pros: Delicious, Good with veggies/vegans

nice food - Edit

I've been there twice in the past few weeks. There is a number of vegetarian and vegan options on the menu. I'm always a bit worried ordering in restaurants .. but there is no need to be so here. Tried a few of the vegan dishes and they were yum. I'll be going there more in the future :)

Pros: good food, relativly fast service

Cons: small tables

Return to Leiden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Surakarta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2091 times.