Superfran's Feinkost-Manufaktur

Prenzlauer Allee 176, Berlin, Germany, 10409

Raw vegan takeaway, opened Sept 2015. Offers shakes and smoothies, cakes and lunch food, smoothies and cold pressed juices. Open Tue-Fri 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Take-out

First Review by Take It Back

Love this place - Edit

It's so rare to find a raw food place and this one is certainly no disappointment. Not only is the food delicious, but as far as raw food goes, it's affordable and even comparable to non-raw vegan places. Nothing on the menu is over €9!

The staff and owners are very friendly and personable. The food is prepared with utmost care, as I can see when they're putting together my order, and from the overall presentation of desserts in the display case.

The raw ice cream is amazing, as are the wraps. I live way across town, so this place is unfortunately quite far for me, but I go out of my way to go there. If I lived closer, I'd go at least once a week.

Pros: Affordable raw food prices, Delicious wraps & ice cream, Friendly, welcoming staff

Cons: I prefer seating that is more comfortable.

Awesome raw food! - Edit

A small, cosy fine food store. I had a salad and apple cake. I have strong food intolerances. The staff took great pains to adapt the ingredients of the salad accordingly (not an easy Task!). The Apple cake was really light as opposed to many raw food cakes, that contain lots of fat and let you feel so heavy afterwards. All in all very delicious!!!

Rawesome! - Edit

This tiny shop is just awesome and outstanding delicious! Everything is vegan and furthermore almost is raw. Just go there if you wanna taste sweet and healthy food-paradise.

obviously a catched a bad day...but NOT AGAIN :-( - Edit

I expected more, to be honest.
The Website makes quite a good Impression, that's one of the reasons, why I was a bit disappointed (professional Pictures from different Sweets and cakes willl be shown there) but when I was there, they just had brownies and icecream - not a big choice.
I asked for Iced coffee or any cold coffee but they couldn't offer me something like that (wouldn't be a bad idea on a 32 degrees hot summer afternoon!)
I ordered 2 Scoops of Icecream and an Icetea and payed in advance.
The Icetea was very delicious to be honest, the icecream didn't come, I asked again (They forgot - to be mentioned: there were not many customors at that time and two People "working" there) then I got it, but just one Scoop (I ordered and payed two!!) I complained and finally got the second one as well. (Not very Relaxing my stay so far...)
I asked for wifi (there is a conection called "superfans"!) but the staffmember told me that they don't have wifi, they have books instead :-/ (TWO books were in the shelf!)
first of all it's not very nice, lying at a customor especially when it's absolutely obvious that they have wifi, and then I don't understand the Problem, not offering wifi to customors, when they have it anyway??
another Thing what I dind't like, that they just use take-away Cups and no proper dishes also for sit-in-guests, even it might be ecological and environmentalfriendly, it is not as environmentalfriendly as proper washable dishes - this doesn't suit to a vegan place in my opinion.
Cause I didn't feel very well there, I just stayed for 15 min. when I left, one of the staffmember run behind me, asking if I already payed!!!??
I payed at HER, 15 min. before!! - of course it was quite hot that day, and mistakes could happen, but this was definately to much.
Even the staff was friendly, it was absolutey unprofessional. I'm not motivated to come again!

Pros: the icetea was delicious

Cons: very unprofessional staff!

RoseVonVegan 25 Feb 2017 - I've never been there and just read your review today because I was considering visiting. Not questioning anything else you said, but one small detail re: wifi in cafés in Germany:
They were silly to give the wifi the same name as the café, to be honest. But it is very normal for a small business to not offer public wifi in Germany, because there has been an "Abmahnwelle" - a lot of people and businesses have been receiving insane demands for money and threats of court action ranging from 1,000 to 10,000 euros for illegal streaming and/or downloading. Some cafés are willing to take the risk, or they use an external service that makes sure no peer-to-peer connections are possible. It's perfectly normal that they would therefore not wish to share the wifi for that reason. PLUS, it's a small place, and people spending a long time checking emails or even working (when they could simply rent an office space, ahem) in the café and hardly ordering anything can be a serious drain on their profit margins, as customers who will spend more can't find a seat.

Fantastic Homemade Raw Foods - Edit

This is a really small but stylish place that offers 100% vegan and raw items, including lunch and sweets. Everything is freshly prepared in-house using organic products only. Great to take out vegan cakes.

Pros: Friendly Staff, 100% Raw and Vegan, Daily Changing Menu

Cons: None, Really none, Nothing at all!

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Superfran's Feinkost-Manufaktur closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.