Superfood Sushi

Contact 02-95190100

69-77 King St, Newtown, New South Wales, 2042

Counter service, grab n go style vegan sushi cafe, opened Jun 2015. Uses black and green organic rice to form the basis of the sushi rolls and pieces. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-3:00pm, Thu-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by chapstick

Rave-worthy - Edit

From the second we walked in this experience took us by absolute delight. From the impeccable service to the personable suggestions, only to be topped by a delicious meal, perfectly selected for us. "Just thinking about that meal makes me happy". Will definitely be returning soon.

SuperfoodSushi 21 Apr 2016 - Hey Mitchell- Stoked you had a great time and loved the food!thank you for taking the time to write

Not great sushi - Edit

I love the concept of this place, but I've found the sushi to be somewhat overpriced and disappointing. If you enjoy raw, whole foods you may enjoy it, but I would prefer a more traditionally Japanese flavour.

Not impressed - Edit

Maybe I'm spoiled by previously living in New York City and going to the sushi places there, but this didn't impress me.

If you haven't been to the vegan sushi places in NYC or San Francisco, this might be satisfying. It was mediocre, in our experience.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Found it "meh"

Creative, fresh, tasty and reasonable prices - Edit

I rarely give 5 stars. If you are vegan, you will like this place.

Pros: all vegan, lots of raw, mostly gluten-free, lots o, great presentations , all you can eat miso soup

Cons: would like to see more deserts , the menu on the wall is great except when people s, some internet would be nice :-)

THE BEST SUSHI EVER! - Edit

These guys have absolutely mastered vegan sushi! I highly recommended this place to everyone!

The super salmon is by far my favorite sushi from here. Pick a selection and I can promise you won't be disappointed.

The staff are super friendly and attentive! 10/10

Plant based food: a revelation!!! - Edit

As a non vegetarian (well occasional) I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty and satisfying the food was. This plant based thing is really interesting and i will be eating a lot more of it in the future.
Onya Superfood sushi!

Pros: Great food combinations, Full of flavour, satisfying

Cons: not open 24 hours

Sushi thats crieulty free and yum - Edit

I had had their food before as the owner had market stalls ans stalls at vegan events but the small cafe/shop is fantastic. So much more to eat and very tasty. Lovely people and service. Atmosphere is cute and clean...love it. Right near a bus stop too and for newtown would be easier to park nearby

Pros: Food is healthy clean and tasty, Shop is clean, Staff friendly

Cons: Shop is too small for a crowd, Can be pricey if u r a family

busy & interesting - Edit

It's a small place and every table was occupied (at 2pm on a Monday!), but a spot did open up while I was deciding what to get. I'd say the prices are on the expensive side, but I assume that is mostly because of the ingredients they use (vs standard sushi places). They had $10 or $15 boxes of sushi pieces available for take away (about 6 pieces in the $10 one). Main items on the eat-in menu were sushi rolls at $10, or you can buy individual pieces, and udon soup for $7.50. Miso soup is available for $2.50 with free top ups! Aside from take away boxes it looks like their food is freshly prepared & made to order. I got the $10 takeaway box, which was pretty good, but I think it would be better to eat in.

Pros: very friendly, welcoming staff, creative & not reliant on fake meats, freshly prepared if eating in

Cons: lack of cheap options, not much seating

SuperfoodSushi 25 Jul 2015 - Hi Chapstick, thanks for your review. We moved things around a bit and have now been able to add another table!
We have a lunch special of a vegan noodle soup $7.50 and individual pieces at $1.50 plus miso at $2.50 so there are in expensive options. All our rice is organic and we use black and green rice which you are quite right is much more expensive than cheap white sushi rice. Our prices are very comparable with other sushi joints and is fresh and innovative. See you next time

Return to Newtown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Superfood Sushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1989 times.