Superfood

Contact 033977797

Husrefa Redzica 14, Ciglane, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina, 71000

Serves meat, vegan options available. In a city with limited pure veg food, this place offers some vegetarian dishes, and the owner-chef is committed to providing and adapting dishes to cater to vegetarians and vegans. Located a 10-minute drive (half hour walk up the hill) from the city centre, and has a terrace overlooking a quiet neighborhood street. Sometimes hosts live music. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, European, Non-veg

First Review by Maggie

Gourmet food with great vegetarian/vegan options - Edit

My husband and I are vegetarians with complicated requirements (eat dairy but don't eat eggs or cheese made with animal rennet). I had called ahead and the owner-chef said he could accommodate us. When we arrived, he was having lunch with his family but interrupted his meal to help us find food that works for us. We had two different salads with wonderfully fresh ingredients served with excellent olive oil and balsamic vinegar and smoked and Himalayan salt. Then we had a kidney bean dish and a garbanzo bean dish, both different with beautifully seasoned sauces. There are many more options for those who eat eggs - their bread and pasta have eggs, but at least they know the ingredients! The inside is cozy and there is a terrace overlooking a quiet residential street. There is an interesting menu with healthy gourmet options. There is also live music on certain evenings, and a good breakfast/brunch menu!He had made a special polenta for another vegan guest - here is a photo!Would be good to phone ahead.

Pros: owner-chef dedicated to find options, gourmet seasoning and sauces, fresh healthy ingredients

Cons: also serves meat, bread and pasta made with eggs

Return to Sarajevo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Superfood closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.