Superfood Bar

• Vegan
Contact 504-891-7733

4113 Magazine St (at Napoleon Ave), New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70115

Offers cooked as well as raw food. Has fresh coconut water, smoothies, wraps, salad, sorbets, and snacks.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by pixiepine

Juice and food perfectly paired - Edit

This is a great bar, best bar I visited in the Big Easy! Why? Well, it has a laid back feeling that highlights local artists, a whole foods approach and a made to order freshness that is all vegan. What more could I seek?

They have juices, smoothies and salads that rock your socks. You can order one item, but as you wait, you will want another 2-3 more. I like the approach of having freshly pressed juice, followed by a salad, then a smoothie for dessert. All raw, all good, all vegan. The stuff here is organic, so the prices are fair. The food is so good, just bursting with flavor.

Pros: All vegan, Organic, Raw salads

Cons: Needs more raw entree choices

now I know what eating WHOLE FOOD means! - Edit

We ate: Bean burrito wrap. Kimchi salad. Miso rice wrap. Pesto wrap. Vanilla milkshake. Red beauty drink.

The reason I rate this cafe so highly is because of the "manifesto" that was written by the founder and chef Joseph. His truest purpose seems to be to educate on whole foods and what that really means and the imprint out food choices have on our own bodies, our communities, and the planet.

And during and after our meal I felt that the food combo was perfectly balanced to enhance our health. It was so crystal clear that this man knows how to create whole foods! And it's so tasty!!!

Pros: the higher purpose of serving the food, the founder chef owner Joseph engages with the cus

Cons: none

juice bar with food - Edit

Small (2 tables and a counter) storefront without table service. Breakfast and lunch restaurant, specializing in very good, healthy fresh squeezed juices and smoothies. Many raw food choices, salads and sandwiches. A bit far from downtown in the Garden District. Reasonable prices, healthful food.

Pros: very nice juices, healthy food, raw options , pleasant, friendly staff

Cons: limited menu

milkshake! - Edit

Stopped in here today for a milkshake and it didn't disappoint. It was vanilla, coconut and it hit the spot. Didn't have time to look at much else on the menu but they offer smoothies and juices as well. Very clean inside and friendly staff.

Yum! - Edit

Did someone say vegan milkshake? Yay! That's right, this place has delicious VEGAN MILKSHAKES! Plus some of the best smoothies EVER. Not just is their stuff delicious, it's good for you! I may have a slight obsession with the banilla smoothie, no not a typo, banana vanilla heaven. And you can bring in your own jar for them to use for a discount! They have delicious granola and are starting to have more and more amazing food available too! Plus, the two people that work here are two of the nicest people you could meet! I feel totally comfortable going in here, asking their favorite, and telling them to go with that for me :)
Updated from previous review on Friday March 02, 2012

Oh my goodness, you have to try the food! The menu just keeps growing!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Friendly

OK food but... - Edit

No atmosphere at this place. just white and clean but didnt want to hang around and enjoy the meal. The soup and tacos were tasty but for the somewhat expensive price the soup served in a plastic cup was not appealing.

Pros: raw tasty food

Cons: the atmosphere, plastic ware, expensive

ok food - Edit

I tried 2 drinks and 1 main. The chocolate coconut milkshake was nice and thick but sadly the blue acai smoothie was too icy for me and I could not appreciate any mint. I had the falafel salad which sadly fell flat. The falafels were flavourless and the dressing was thick and one-dimension with a heavy sesame base. Not sure if other salads would have been better. The server recommended the falafel as her favorite but I would not try them again.

Pros: healthy, superfood

Cons: limited seating, taste

Great place- highly recommended - Edit

Went to superfood bar today for the first time, and it was great exerpeince. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff/owner. Delicious drinks and salad. I will be coming back for sure.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Knowledgable Staff

The raw revolution in NOLA - Edit

I was sooo glad we went here during our visit to NOLA. After doing a 21day juice fast and being pretty good about sticking to an 80% raw diet, it was hard to be raw in New Orleans. Then, we made it to Superfood after a long walk. The salad & wrap were perfect. We had an avocado smoothie, coconut kefir smoothie, chocolate coconut ice, and a maca bar to go- it was all beyond good. The coconut bacon was perfectly spiced and the texture was great, too! There is no seating, but we stood at the counter and savored every morsel. Would love to have tried some pre-order goodies but didn't know if we would make it back before we had to go back home so didn't place order. Would like to return one day when they expand and have seating and a bigger menu!

Pros: Excellent food, Educated staff, Healthy

Cons: Small venue, No seating at this time

Relief!! - Edit

Never thought I would be able to call New Orleans 'vegan-friendly' but thankfully the Superfood Bar has given me hope. I stumbled upon it and tried a green smoothie. Ah-mazing! Will be back...will definitely be back to sample more!

Pros: Superfoods!!!!, Top notch ingredients, Varierty

Cons: Small and a bit cramped

Food from the heart and for the heart! - Edit

I am so happy to have found the brunches, contracting here in Nola and not much healthy food to eat. The food was definitely worth the price, as the taste and quality of ingredients were top notch. That kombucha man makes up some mean beverages also. Finally someone changing the face of the "big greasy" with healthy not so fried foods, makes me feel right at home. All I can say is "wow" every time I eat their food.

Pros: Great staff, healthy, super taste!

Cons: smokers at bar

Good Stuff! - Edit

The smoothies are amazing and there is a nice selection of raw things. It not an obvious location, you have to know where to look for it or you will drive right by it. Expensive but worth it.

Pros: Good Smoothies, Heatlhy

Cons: Expensive

Awesome! - Edit

Our visit was wonderful. The bar was immaculate, bright, cheerful, and full of good info and fresh ingredients. My smoothie was absolutely delicious. I plan to make this part of every trip I make to New Orleans. The prices may be a bit off-putting ($8-9 drinks) but the ingredients are top-notch and worth every penny. Highly recommended.

Pros: extraordinarily healthy ingredients, quick service, central location

Cons: waiting area is small

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Superfood Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9830 times since Aug 2011.