Super Natural Kitchen

Financial Centre Rd, Gallery Lafayette, Dubai Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Opened here in 2014 as BeStro living raw foods restaurant and re-branded to Be Super Natural. Has a little shop attached selling vegan produce & products. Latest name change reported Feb 2017. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar

First Review by nogodsjustwriters

tasty but expensive - Edit

I had the Portobello Burger. It was really tasty but also quite small, I am still hungry but it was so expensive I don't really want to order anything else.

Amazing lunch - Edit

We came for lunch with another friend who was visiting Dubai with us. It was difficult to find at first as it's not listed on the mall directory, but it's on the top floor of the Galeries Lafayette department store in the Le Gourmet section in the back corner. There's tables for the various food vendors, but Super Natural is easy to find once there. We ordered so much food as it all sounded so good. We got the cheese board, hazelnut tart, lasagna, truffle beet ravioli, cheesy kale salad and salted caramel cheesecake It was all marvelous, but the ravioli and cheese really stand out as winners. Definitely a highlight meal for us and worth the effort to find.

Pros: all vegan, friendly service, nice atmopshere

Cons: hard to find inside Dubai Mall

Super delicious & healthy - Edit

100% of the menu is raw vegan. amazing dishes, i recommend the lasagna and the cheesecake

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-19

Pros: Separate seating from the so-meaty food court, Delicious food!!, Super healthy

Cons: A bit on the expensive end., Only 1 branch.

The only raw vegan café in Dubai - Edit

At the moment Be Super Natural is the only café in Dubai that serves only raw vegan food and drinks! I'm 'only' vegan and enjoyed my lunch there. I had the raw vegan lasagne and the Ice Cream Sandwich. I have to admit that the Lasagne wasn't filling at all but super delicious! During my first visit I ordered the raw cacao fondant which was unfortunately not available anymore this time; however both deserts are amazing and worth stopping by whilst you are shopping in the Dubai Mall anyways! Another reason why I like Be Super Natural a lot is because of their raw cold pressed juices and smoothies. They've got an excellent juicer and the juices are preparred right in front of you and super refreshing!

Pros: the only vegan café in Dubai at the moment, Food is super delicious

Cons: Portions are a little small

VEGAN DUBAI - Edit

It's situated in Galeries Lafayette, Dubai Mall. Small bistro with few options (everything is raw). Food's quite good but it's not worth paying around 50 aed for one meal. For someone who eats bag of rice/2 lbs of potatoes with veggies for dinner it's just not enough.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: expensive, small portions

Great raw vegan food in Dubai - Edit

I really enjoyed our visit to Be Super Natural. The portions are quite big and the food is not as heavy as in most raw vegan restaurants (which is great). We had rice&curry, vegan burrito and shroms & slaw (our favorite!) and everything tasted great.

Pros: Big portions, Delicious food

worth the wait - Edit

The place was a nightmare to find as its located inside a shop and its not on the maps inside the Dubai mall. However i had the pasta dish and it was lovely. The guy actually kept it open for a bit longer as they were closing. Would recommend just be aware its expensive.

Cons: limited menu, very expensive

BeaUtiful - Edit

I was so happy to find a pure vegan restaurant in Dubai.
The food is really tasty, the staff also seem a lot better than when I first visited last year and we were brought some water with cucumber and lemon whilst we were choosing what to have, so refreshing! The menu is limited but the dishes they do are done really well, the lasagne was nothing like I'd expected it to be, but I was so impressed by the tastes coming through in the cashew cream (I'm guessing as it doesn't say what is in each of the dishes), I went back a few days later and had the curry with cauliflower rice and I was pretty much blown away by the flavour in it, I'd recommend it every day of the week, it was just fantastic! ☺ We also had some dessert on one occasion but I wasn't overly i mpressed by the chocolate torte as it was really claggy..kind of cemented my mouth together but my friend loved his lemon sherbert raw cake, which was pretty refreshing!
There's also a little shop attached with some powders and things on sale, but it is pricey!
I'll return time and again whilst I'm in Dubai, and hope it encourages some more Vegan restaurants to open here! ☺

Pros: Raw Vegan, Delicious

Cons: Bit pricey

exiting surprise - Edit

it was a wonderful surprise to discover that in the city of Dubai there is this little all raw food restaurant. It is located on the second floor of the Gallerie Lafayette, next to the Dubai Mall. the place is quiet, the menu exciting, high quality and careful presentation. The juices and smoothies are always enriched by superfoods while the small shop next to the restaurant offers dried and powdered products, such as spirulina, camu camu and so on. The staff is helpful. Just ask the staff to get the Wi-Fi code. I enjoyed my lunch, I will definitely return.

great raw/vegan - Edit

yes the menu is limited, the setting inside a mall might not be the most exciting but the food is pretty damn good. its one of the few options for modern vegan and/or raw food in dubai at the moment. lived in london for years and honestly feel bestros food is on par with the better places there. am sure it could be cheaper, but to be expected at a cafe located in galleri lafayette in my opinion. love this place and hope for more like it

Decent but overpriced - Edit

Dubai only has a couple of vegan options so they can ask for high prices due to the lack of options. I found this place quite expensive for the portions sizes and the menu very limited. I would rather go to an Arabic restaurant or Indian and choose one of the many vegan options on their menus for a much more authentic experience and value for money. E.g. Tabouleh, hummus, Vine leaves, spicy potatoes etc are all vegan traditional arabic mezze items. Also lentils, aloo gobi and aloo jeera are Indian vegan options. Try it, maybe you will like it! Not for me :) They also sell some products which are 4 times the prices that you can find in places like Wholefoods, Amazon etc.

Pros: Organic?, Nice smoothies

Cons: Overpriced, Limited menu

Dubai's first raw vegan place - amazing!! - Edit

Oh, BeStro...thank god for BeStro!! Dubai really has very little in the way of 100% vegan options when dining out, so I was thrilled to find BeStro through Happy Cow.

My mom (who is coeliac) and I (vegetarian) went twice in the 2 days we were in Dubai and what a treat it was to not have to think about hidden ingredients lurking in our food - nope, the food here is all organic, vegan and gluten free, so it was perfect for the both of us!

We tried the burrito, pizza, shrooms & slaw, noodles and the lemon tart and maple cheesecake for dessert - all were absolutely delicious. My mom still to this day goes on about the maple cheesecake (everytime she's in the mood for something sweet, she says 'Ohh, I wish I could have that cheesecake from BeStro, it's the best cake I've ever had) and often suggests going to Dubai for the day (we live in Al Ain) just to go and eat that at BeStro! My mom and I barely spoke to each other as we devoured our food and all we could talk about afterwards is just how good it was!! We both felt full, but not uncomfortably full - just perfectly nourished and energised, actually.

I'm not sure what kind of experiences previous reviewers had, but me and my mom thought the waitress there was lovely! She was very helpful when I asked about the ingredients used and quick to serve - she was so welcoming and friendly when we returned for the 2nd time the following day, so it's interesting we had such different experiences. I guess the only thing I didn't 'like' was the location, it being in a gourmet food area of a mall, but then unfortunately most restaurants in Dubai are either located inside a mall or a hotel (for convenience I guess, but I feel they lack ambiance or atmosphere). Having said that, that's really nothing against BeStro and I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience there...it's definitely my first choice when I'm in Dubai!
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 18, 2015

Updated from previous review on Thursday June 18, 2015

Pros: All vegan and GF food! Delicious, too!, Good service, Did I say it was delicious?

Inspiring cooking at BeStro!! - Edit

The food at BeStro is fresh and full of flavour! Hugely imaginative and utterly delicious.
The desserts are luxurious and like all the other courses are beautifully presented.

Pros: Staff are attentive and there's an English girl wh

Cons: People have mentioned in previous reviews staff ar

Raw vegan spot in Dubai - Edit

Such a wonderful place to eat some raw healthy food in Dubai!
The carte of cocktails was beyond our expectatons. We tried some salads, pizza and pasta. Everything was delicious and fresh. I loved the feeling that you don't need to ask if there is some dairy products or eggs in menu.
The negative side is the service - very slow servers to take an order, to bring the drinks, to clean the table.
The location was convenient, we went to Dubai Mall by metro.

Pros: Food, Location

Cons: Slow service

Great food, terrible service - Edit

the food was excellent, the the service was pretty terrible. I'll probably eat here again as there's very little choice in Dubai, on 2 counts. 1, there's only a couple of vegan places out here. 2, bad service is the norm out here.

Well today I tried this place again, for the 2nd time. Yesterday was the 1st, the service was terrible but the food was good.

I was actually excited that there was a raw vegan place in Dubai, I would be able to go out to eat & not just eat the salad!

Both times I used this place the menu may as well have not existed, yesterday I was informed they only had 1 dish. Initially because I was there too early? On the web it's listed they open 10 till 10, it was 11:55 when I entered? I was told they only had 1 dish available because I was early. I said I'd wait 5 minutes to order then. That's when I was informed there were no other menu options? So I made do with the 1 option available, it was excellent.

The waitress though was 1 of those people that talks to everyone as if she were talking to an infant, her English also wasn't that great.

The second time, just 10 minutes ago, I entered, well after 12, and it was a different waiter. I thought it would be a better experience. But no, the waitress from the day before came across to serve, told me they didn't have the first 2 main dishes I chose, then tried repeatedly to get me to order the lasagne, I can only presume it was the only dish they had. She was again using her moronic child's speech. I thanked her and left. I won't be using them again, until they get done better staff & start serving what is actually on their menu.

Which is a great pity, I had planned on eating there regularly, anything to help promote veganism.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 18, 2015

Disappointing - Edit

When I discovered that there was a Raw Food restaurant in Dubai, I was ecstatic.

Cons

Unfortunately, my excitement was short lived when I arrived. Great concept, poor execution. Staff need to be trained on what is called Customer Service. When I asked about the type of kale that was used in my salad, the entire staff didn't know. I asked because I'm used to buying curly kale, which is much thicker. The kale that was supposedly in my salad tasted like normal salad leaves.

The menu is extremely small, and no food is served until 12pm. As I had already prepared a cold-pressed juice at home prior to arriving, I didn't want to order another one. So when I asked for a herbal tea, I was told that teas were not on the menu.

Pros

The mushroom tart was prepared well. It's just a shame the service was so bad.

Pros: Food well prepared and fresh

Cons: bad service, limited menu, no breakfast/brunch

Worth traveling to even if you hate malls - Edit

Bestro is a great addition to the Dubai Mall dining scene and the Dubai food scene overall. As a vegetarian with a penchant for eating vegan, it's nice to have a place where you don't need to question every dish on the menu. The mylk shakes were great (I had a banana one, my dining partner had the cocoa one) and really tasty. Food-wise, we had the zucchini "spaghetti", which were outstanding and would not be out of place in a more mainstream restaurant, and also the shrooms, which were very good, too.
Don't miss out on the desserts. I had the chocolate fondant and it was awesome, filled with some sort of almond milk cream.
The owner Hayley is indeed super sweet and helpful. There's also a small pantry next to the restaurant where you can buy vegan products.
Bestro does a great job in showcasing raw vegan cooking - don't be put off by labels if you're not vegan or vegetarian; give it a try next time you're in Dubai Mall, and see for yourself.

Pros: 100% vegan, Great taste, Good location

Return to Dubai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Super Natural Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.