First Review by gr8vegan

Great range, but Whole Foods is cheaper - Edit

I love this little shop with friendly stuff and awesome range of healthy food. But I can definitely recommend you Whole Foods as a market with more reasonable prices for some products.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 25, 2013

Pros: friendly stuff , excellent range

Cons: overpriced

2 Responses

I hate being honest but…. - Edit

I can literally buy something here and then find it at another store for 2 and 3 dollars cheaper!! Thats insane to me! I have come here since 2002 and they have always been this way and not the friendliest staff (for some reason they are only nice to who they choose to be nice too, a lot of days I won't even get a simple "hello"). Overall they have always disappointed I hate to say. I only went in there so much because the cafe used to be inside in the back. I would recommend making the drive to SLO, you'll spend less even with gas money accounted for. I'm sorry, i do wanna support local businesses but I can't if it breaks my bank and adds $20 - $50 more to my total.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 01, 2015

Pros: health food store

Cons: price, staff, no/low gluten free vegan

Great little shop - Edit

Sunshine Health Foods has become one of my favorite places to shop. They have almost everything I'm looking for, including lovely fruits and vegetables, plus the wonderful Shine Cafe in the back of the store. The store is very small with narrow aisles but they've made good use of every square inch of space. It's loaded with goodness.

Pros: good selection, great produce, friendly staff

Cons: narrow aisles, closes at 5 pm

Great little Health Food Store - Edit

For such a small place you can find just about everything you need. The produce here is the real stand out (aside from the AMAZING Shine Cafe in the back). The store seems to be stocked with a half a dozen employees all super nice and friendly and helpful. It can't be larger than a 4 car garage, though, but its very popular. We grabbed some goodies for the road after an amazing meal at Shine.

Pros: produce, service

best thing - Edit

This little store is one of my favorite places to shop. I can find bulk grains, flour, beans, spices, veges, hard to find ingredients for some of the vegetarian recipes i like to try. The store is small, but packs in and offers a great selection in the natural foods world.

Pros: good value, variety , healthy choices

Cons: isles are narrow, close too early

Return to Morro Bay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sunshine Health Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1495 times since Aug 2007.