First Review by tiffitzy

Best in the area! - Edit

Not a lot of great health food stores in the area, but this one is the best, as far as selection goes. I was there once and was impressed, given the local options. Staff was nice. Place was clean. They are very friendly to vegans!

Overpriced! Same products online half the price - Edit

Everything in the store is extremely overpriced and the employees are very rude. I shopped there a few times and found the same products online for half the price. I also found some of the products at the supermarket for a lot less. I couldn't believe how rude the employees were to the customers asking questions and just in general.

Pros: nothing good to say

Cons: everything is overpriced, rude employees, dirty store

Had the Indian Herb and shipped it Priority Mail - Edit

My wife and I are disabled and without a car and my wife was in terrible need of an Indian herb used to treat Tachycardia. She was under tremendous stress and her heart rate was too fast. We moved to Titusville about two weeks ago and were unable to obtain the herb here locally. Not only did Sean, the General Manager, ship it Priority Mail, but he also included some free samples and coupons. We received the herb the next day and my wife avoided a trip to the hospital.

Pros: Stocked the Indian Herb, Shipped Priority Mail, Free Samples and coupons

Cons: Not in Titusville :(

Good spot to pick up your vegan beach food - Edit

We were headed to the beach with not much food, ran into this store grabbed some bread, mustard, mockmeat and chips. Good selection. Nice staff. Also had a pear that was tasty. Highly recommend this place if its on your way.

Pros: nice staff, good selection, healthy foods

MY FAVORITE WHOLE FOODS MARKET - Edit

I travel to Cocoa Beach often. Sunseed has been a lifeline for me. As a vegan and raw fooder, I can always count on them offering the best in fresh, organic produce and all natural products. They offer ready made foods as well. Prices are competitive, they even have some interesting alcoholic selections. This year is the first when I enjoyed the most amazing variety of organic apples. Usually, you're lucky to get gala or red delicious. They have had Liberty, Ambrosia, Sommerfield, Black Arkansas, Winesap, Gala, Pink Lady, and some others I don't remember their names, but there were SO many varieties and they were ALL GREAT - fresh and crisp and tasty. If you join the coop as a member, you will save a significant amount of money. By the way, I had to travel through here from Pennsylvania one day to rescue my elderly mother after a hurricane devastated the area in 2004 (I think it was 2004) ... anyway, up and down the coast, there were hardly ANY businesses and gas stations open -- it was like a ghost town, no power for over a week, and everything was a MESS from the monster storm. SOMEHOW, among all the devastation, Sunseed managed to OPEN FOR BUSINESS, and they saved me and many others who needed groceries. I LOVE Sunseed Food Co-op, and you will, too. It is my FAVORITE whole foods market.

Pros: Great variety of fresh produce, Any item you need is available, Open every day

Cons: NONE

hidden gem - Edit

everything you could want in a health food store. great selection, friendly staff, and prices are reasonable. if you buy a yearly membership, you get a nice discount too. they even give you the option to volunteer for 4 hours a month and get a bigger discount. there was a product I wanted that they didn't carry and the general manager special ordered it for me and charged me very low price over cost. so accomadating to their customers, great vegan experience. oh, and almost every day they set up a cart with juice and fruit for free!

Pros: friendly staff, good selection

Return to Cape Canaveral Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sunseed Food Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2099 times since Aug 2007.