Sunflower Cafe

Contact 615-457-2568

2834 Azalea Place (at Berry Hill area), Nashville, Tennessee, USA, 37204

Quick service vegetarian restaurant where you choose the dishes, and the server plates it for you. Meals are prepared from locally grown produce. Has gluten free, soy free, nut free, and dairy free selections. Est. 2012. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Buffet

First Review by GoodFoodMan

Decent place to check out. - Edit

Finally made it in after a recommendation from a coworker. Had the burger and hubby (who isn't vegan) got the BBQ tacos. Food was decent but I wasn't blown away. Will probably try something different on my next visit.

Pros: a lot of options and even desserts

Cons: parking is horrible

Well worth the visit! - Edit

I'm from out of town and stopped in. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. They allowed me to sample as much as I liked and helped me choose an entree. They recommended the veggie burger and I got it in a wrap along with the oatmeal raisin cookie dough. ON POINT! I will most definitely be returning.

Pros: friendly staff, clean environment, options presented well

One Of The BEST Vegan Restaurants In The World - Edit

I LOVE Sunflower Cafe!! I've visited Nashville 3 times in the past 4 months for a total of 6 days and have eaten here 6 times! I go here now first thing when I get to town and it always makes me happy. Their All-American burger is THE BEST vegan burger I've ever had. And the gluten-free bun was good too, such a rarity. Everything is vegan, and mostly v healthy. The Ginger Thai Tofu is delicious and so are the Sunflower seed rice and sesame kale. Desserts delicious too and a good selection of teas from local High Garden. Staff always friendly and helpful.

Pros: Lots of great food, healthy and delicious. Decent

Cons:

I LOVE SUNFLOWER CAFE! - Edit

I moved to Nashville for the Chicagoland area about 2 months ago and was so happy to find out that I lived a few blocks away from a cute little veg. restaurant, Sunflower Cafe! I have since been several times, even taking my carnivorous parents there when they visited and they loved it! My dad (a real Midwestern meat and potatoes type of guy) had the vegan crab cake and hummus with pita. He loved it all and, to my surprise, mentioned again how much he liked it a few days later. You can never go wrong with one of their burgers. All of the topping options are flavorful and unique. My favorite sides is the sweet potato casserole, but the collard greens and pad thai come in a tie & close second. Huge portions, so many options, outdoor seating, craft beers, AMAZING HAPPY HOUR DEAL...I could go on and on. I have yet to find a downfall at Sunflower Cafe, and at this point I'd say I never will. LOVE IT!

Pros: So many options!, Super friendly, helpful staff, Outdoor patio seating

Great spot - Edit

Thoroughly impressed with this restaurant. Food tasted terrific. It has a relaxing patio. And serving the food cafeteria style is a great thing for people who aren't familiar with the food and can look at it before ordering. This was a pleasant surprise while visiting Nashville.

Pros: Cafeteria style

Cons: Pad Thai was delicious, but served cold. Probabl

Really fresh and great! - Edit

Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 11, 2013
After a few years of coming here, it is still maybe the best vegan place in town. My regular meal is the BBQ on flatbread, with a side of the sweet potatoes. Also, you HAVE TO get the cookie dough parfait. Yes, it is basically just a cup of raw vegan cookie dough, but it is SO GOOD. Perfection.
My husband pretty much always gets the crab cakes with a side of pad thai. Which is kind of a weird combo, but they are both so good!
This place is really close to my house and I'm so glad I found it through this site. My husband and i went for lunch and were blown away! He got the sampler plater where you can try a little bit of everything. His favorites were the raw kale salad, and some kind of slaw that had cabbage and pineapple in it, I can't remember the name. It was great. I had the red lentil and coconut milk soup with a broccoli salad. The food was very fresh and delicious and the people working there were so nice and answered all our questions. That day everything was vegan except for a mozzarella salad so you didn't have to guess if they had animal products in anything. We shared some chocolate crispy rice treat things for dessert that i loved. We we definitely be back. My only complaint is that their hours are so short!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 11, 2013
I'm so happy that Sunflower Cafe extended their hours! We love to go here after we hit up the Nashville Flea Market. My go to favorite is the mock chicken salad wrap and whatever soup they are serving that day, I have never had a bad one! My husband still gets the sampler plate every time. There are almost too many good choices!

Pros: fresh, vegan, delicious

Cons: a little pricey

Really cool, tasty restaurant - Edit

The "cafeteria" style idea is pretty cool. Never had anything that wasn't tasty. Isn't a place to go if you want some fancy gourmet, complex vegan food but more just some basic, tasty style of food

Pros: Great location, Good variety , Good value

Pleasant buffet-style cafe - Edit

Trying to decide what to order as we approached the counter was a bit confusing, with several different menus and boards, and no mention of whether various 'veggie' options were actually vegan. However, the people behind the counter were very helpful, and quick to show us what we could have. The food itself was reasonably priced and tasty. Be warned, however, that the barbeque tempeh is hot, at least for our British tastes!

Pros: no waiting for food, cheap, friendly

so good albeit confusing for this 1st timer - Edit

We walked in with a local friend who was there one time before. There were menus and a buffet like chipotle style bar with staff behind it and a menu board above their heads. We didn't know where to start until the lovely lady behind the bar started to guide us thru the options. Phew!

Super casual clean relaxed decor. Food was really yummy especially as all options were vegan.

We had a bowl of quinoa with tempeh bbq and smoked collard greens and slaw; a daily special baked quinoa bean casserole; a side of sweet potatoes; and a banh mi that was the best dish! We ended with a (too sweet for me) cookie dough pudding and a berries & cream that my two little girls devoured.

If we lived here this would definitely be a local favorite....as we would soon get the hang of it quickly.

The Journey:
traveling across America dining & reviewing exceptional vegan!
Instagram @tweeyoga #thejourneyisthedestinationtour
TweeYoga.com

great for vegans - Edit

My omni friends took me here while I was visiting Nashville. The Thai ginger tofu was fantastic, as was the kale and quinoa. My friends loved the pad Thai. Everything is vegan, but you can add cow cheese if that's what you're into.

Wonderful place - Edit

I found this place on HappyCow, and when visiting Nashville recently, managed to eat there twice! Great food with no waiting. All fresh and delicious. Burgers were great!

Staff is super friendly, helpful, and quick with a kind word.

Very clean and attractive building. Nice outside porch seating available.

Appeared to be all vegan when I visited. I will be back!

Return to Nashville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sunflower Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.