First Review by lbm58

Delicious Sandwich - Edit

This is a great little restaurant in the back of Virginia's Health Food. It doesn't feel like it is shoved into a store, it is a nice space all it's own. The menu is very clearly marked. I had a sandwich with tofurkey, avocado and sprouts that was delicious. My only complaint is the size of the sides. I got chips and fruit and it was literally 4 corn chips, and about 1/4 cup of fruit. So small! But the sandwich was awesome and I'll be back again.

Delicious healthy food - Edit

The Sunflower Cafe is located inside Virginia's Health Foods (at the back). We were very pleased with our first visit here. The restaurant is clean and attractive and inviting. A large chalkboard lists the daily specials. My husband and I are fairly new vegans, and usually find it frustrating to dine out in coastal Alabama/Mississippi. We had so many choices here, and everything was clearly marked whether vegan, vegetarian: soups, salads, grain bowls, pasta, sandwiches. I had the lemongrass grain bowl with tempeh which was good. My husband had the Thai peanut pasta which he LOVED. Service was very good. We will definitely be coming here again when in Mobile!

Pros: many choices for vegans, nice atmosphere , delicious food

Return to Mobile Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sunflower Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2164 times since Sep 2012.