110 W Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60654

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion. Ask for the vegan menu (available on website), which lists items like: edamame, shishito peppers, 3 salad, shiitake edamame dumplings, tofu pad thai, curry udon noodles, street corn, miso cauliflower, Chinese broccoli, vegetable curry, manchurian cauliflower, 2 types of sushi rolls, 1 futomaki roll.

Categories: Ovo, Japanese, Delivery, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by makemenervous

delicious! - Edit

I’ve been to Sunda many times. Love the separate vegan menu with lots of options. Everything I’ve gotten there has been delicious!

Decent menu, dishes were hit or miss. - Edit

I went during Sunday brunch time and had the shiitake edamame dumplings, Manchurian cauliflower, vegetable curry, and all three of the signature sushi rolls. The dumplings and cauliflower packed the biggest punch in terms of flavor. The other dishes tasted good, but they weren't anything to write home about.

Overall, I always give props to a restaurant the provides a separate vegan menu (bonus points when this is actually on their website and not some cryptic thing you need to be in the know about). That being said, the serving sizes were small for the price and quality of the items and although I appreciated the creativity of the sushi rolls, they all lacked taste over presentation.

They are on OpenTable so I made a reservation, but the place was huge so I'm not sure how necessary this really was. The ambiance was great and the staff was friendly. I visited because I knew about the menu and received a gift card, but I don't believe I'd go out of my way to go again unless it was to meet up with some omni friends or give them another shot by trying their dinner menu.

Pros: vegan menu, delicious dumplings

Cons: expensive

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sunda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.