My main complaint is it's so hard to get to from Santa Monica! Located in Studio City, there's a large selection of outside seating as well as on the inside, which feels like it could be your own personal dining room. So warm and cutely decorated! The food is fantastic - the type of place you'd take a friend who eats meat and always complains about vegetarian spots. The menu is a good mix between raw and cooked, giving everyone options. Why the four stars and not five? Service can be very slow, and at times, it feels they're not paying much attention. Friendly enough when they do come over though. The food is really standout and great portion sizes! We shared:
- Mint shamrock smoothie - One of the great things about this place is when you order a smoothie, you can choose to have them split it between two glasses for you and your dining partner. The serving is then about the size of a smallish water cup and more than enough - very satisfying! You feel you're drinking a fantastic mint milkshake, and yet this is made of mint, spinach, bananas, cacao, cashews and agave!
- BBQ cauliflower - This was awesome! Heavy on the BBQ sauce but not fried! For those who usually eat meat and love wings, you'd likely really enjoy this dish. For vegetarians, it's just a great dish packed with zesty flavor. The pickle was a nice contrast to the smokey-sweet BBQ.
- Shaved brussel sprouts with garlic sauce (special) - Great garlicky flavor without being overwhelming! Almost tasted like something you'd get at a Chinese restaurant without being so oily. Nice ratio of sauce to vegetable. My fiancé felt this was a bit too salad-feeling, but did note he prefers whole brussel sprouts, as opposed to shaved ones.
- Butternut squash pizza (special) - It was already a few weeks ago that we came here, and I'm struggling to remember all of the toppings on this pizza. Suffice it to say it was packed with toppings - including a healthy serving of butternut squash, which was nicely sauteed on top. BBQ flavors here as well, I guess we were feeling the BBQ when ordering that night! We had the cooked crust, not raw.
- Raw cookie dough cheesecake - We were pretty stuffed, but knowing it can sometimes be hard to make our way over here due to traffic, I couldn't pass up on their fantastic dessert! I don't know that I'd say this tastes like cookie dough, but it certainly has a great sweet and slightly chocolatey flavor. The crust is definitely homemade as well and a yummy graham cracker one.