CLOSED: Sun Day Burgers - Markthalle Neun

Contact 017624712542

Eisenbahnstrasse 42, Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany, 10997

Booth located in an old food market hall (markthall9) offering an organic burger which consists of whole wheat bun, grilled tofu steak, lots of fresh veggies and three different sauces your choice. Also sells raw cakes, fermented rawghurt, brownies, smoothies and seasonal juices. Everything is gluten free. FEB 2017 REPORTED THIS ONE SHUT. Open Tue 12:00pm-6:00pm, Wed 12:00pm-3:00pm, Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Ela

mixed up restaurant - Edit

wasn't there...........

eric 02 Jan 2017 - Hi Pilgramunna, what do you mean? You couldn't find it or your think it's closed for good?

Nice simple burger - Edit

Sun Day Burgers makes tofu burgers with 3 different types of sauces; mango, chilli, and peanut. All sauces were added to the burger. It is a nice fresh burger. Though I am more of a fan of the vege based burger patties, but it was a nice change.

Pros: fresh, atmosphere, vegan declared

Delicious Burger! - Edit

Ok, so this whole place, Markthalle9 on Street food Thursday is amazing. I found 4 all vegan places. Sun day Burgers, Tofutussi, Brammibal's and a vietnamese place.

I just got the burger but they had a combo deal which was cool. It tasted so great. There was a whole wheat bun with peanut sauce and chili sauce and veggies with grill tofu. I loved walking around and eating it while looking at all the different vendors. Some places had vegan options too. The burger cost 5,50 euro.

I will definitely go again. There are bathrooms for 50 cents! Which was great. Next time I will get some of the raw cakes. They were 2 for 4,50 euro.

It was very busy in there. I liked the vibe.

Pros: great taste, very great spot, huge vegan sign

lovely burger - Edit

I can confirm that the tofu burger here is delicious. Get all three sauces. Moreover the two girls on the stall were friendly and took real care over making the wraps. The people next to us got the green smoothie and it looked delicious too.

The burger wasn't THAT filling which was a good thing I think

Pros: taste, staff, portion size

Cons: closed very often (but hours listed here are corre

Amazing Burgers in an Old Market Hall - Edit

Sun Day Burgers is a small stall hidden inside a giant old marketplace. The burgers are hands-down my favorite in Berlin, and the fresh juices pair with them wonderfully! The raw sweets are also amazing. The ambiance of the old market hall is really cool, but there are plenty of meat and cheese displays everywhere, which might make some people uncomfortable. It also gets really crowded in the evenings. In the Fall there are hot chestnuts sold outside!

Pros: delicious food, inexpensive, traditional market on hand

Cons: limited opening hours, terribly crowded, non-vegan surroundings

Delicious and unusual burger in a great location - Edit

If you're in Kreuzberg, you will need to stop by the market to taste the best burger I've had in berlin, or anywhere else.

The market is a lively place, with occasional food truck events and also a sheltered location in case berlin's weather plays a trick on you.

The tofu steak is served in a wholewheat bun with fresh salad, red beets, etc. along with a selection of delicious sauces, including a spectacular mango-based sauce.

There are also fresh smoothies on sale, along with raw desserts; we tasted a phenomenal raw avocado-lime cake.

The staff are wonderful, friendly and really make this one of the best vegan spots in berlin. Do not miss it!

Pros: delicious burger, friendly staff, location

Tasty burger on a delicious bun - Edit

I had the burger with peanut sauce. It was definitely the best vegan burger I've eaten in Berlin. The roll was wholemeal and the peanut sauce delicious. I also had a raw cupcake which I really liked too. Such a nice area to explore too. Highly recommended.

Pros: flavour, location

Incredible burgers & cheesecake. - Edit

Amazing tofu steak burgers. The salad was fresh and tasty. Mango & Chilli sauces added great flavour and punch. Lovely toasted bun. Couldn't have asked for more. The cheesecakes were delicious they had 2 flavours the day I went. Both completely different and amazing in their own way. Just wish I didn't have to go back home to England so I could eat here more often.

Best burger ever? - Edit

This place is well worth finding, as their burger is probably the best burger I've ever had.
The staff are friendly, helpful and speak excellent English. They were also very careful in preparing my partner's gluten free version (which was also excellent).
Worth coming on Thursday nights for the streetfood event.
So good we went back a second time during our week in Berlin.

Pros: Excellent!

Pleasantly suprised - Edit

I chose this place for convenience and to be honest was not expecting great things from a fast-food place which I thought would be focused on fake-meat. How I was wrong! I have never seen such a variety of vegan burgers, complete with a generous helping of fresh salad and spicy sauces. One burger and a drink was enough for me as a main meal. The atmosphere was generally good, and the staff polite, though be prepared for it to be crowded on a Saturday.

Pros: fully vegan, portion sizes

berlin's ubud - Edit

I don't know if you've ever been to ubud, bali, Indonesia but it's raw food heaven.
I went to sun day burgers to get some dessert and ended up getting a smoothie aswell because they looked SO good.
I got a raw chai carrot cake and a macaloe (maca, dates, cashes, aloe vera,...) smoothie. I enjoyed it all a lot and I will definitely come back to try the burgers which looked way too delicious to be true!!

Pros: nice staff, delicious, fresh

Delicious! - Edit

I had a burger and a raw chai-spiced cake and both were amazing! The prices were not that cheap (neither expensive) but worth it. The burger was very flavor rich with lots of fresh herbs!
I was lucky to be early so I did not have to wait :)

Pros: good quality, decent price

Cons: long waiting time (from what I saw later, little variety in burgers

Healthy and yummy! - Edit

This place stands in a Markthalle and offers really tasty and healthy vegan burgers. The bread has a lots of different nuts, and inside, they put sprouts, salad, tomatoes, a burger steak and a very good spicy sauce. The whole is really yummy and fresh. They also serve yummy fresh juices and their desserts are unusual but very good, such as an avocado-chocolate cake that was amazing!

Pros: very good flavours, healthy, spicy, good fresh juices and desserts, friendly staff

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sun Day Burgers - Markthalle Neun closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.