Sun Day Burgers - Markthalle Neun

• Friend
Contact 017624712542

Eisenbahnstrasse 42, Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany, 10997

Booth located in an old food market hall (markthall9) offering an organic burger which consists of whole wheat bun, grilled tofu steak, lots of fresh veggies and three different sauces your choice. Also sells raw cakes, fermented rawghurt, brownies, smoothies and seasonal juices. Everything is gluten free. Tue 12:00pm-6:00pm, Wed 12:00pm-3:00pm, Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Ela

Delicious Burger! - Edit

Ok, so this whole place, Markthalle9 on Street food Thursday is amazing. I found 4 all vegan places. Sun day Burgers, Tofutussi, Brammibal's and a vietnamese place.

I just got the burger but they had a combo deal which was cool. It tasted so great. There was a whole wheat bun with peanut sauce and chili sauce and veggies with grill tofu. I loved walking around and eating it while looking at all the different vendors. Some places had vegan options too. The burger cost 5,50 euro.

I will definitely go again. There are bathrooms for 50 cents! Which was great. Next time I will get some of the raw cakes. They were 2 for 4,50 euro.

It was very busy in there. I liked the vibe.

Pros: great taste, very great spot, huge vegan sign

lovely burger - Edit

I can confirm that the tofu burger here is delicious. Get all three sauces. Moreover the two girls on the stall were friendly and took real care over making the wraps. The people next to us got the green smoothie and it looked delicious too.

The burger wasn't THAT filling which was a good thing I think

Pros: taste, staff, portion size

Cons: closed very often (but hours listed here are corre

Amazing Burgers in an Old Market Hall - Edit

Sun Day Burgers is a small stall hidden inside a giant old marketplace. The burgers are hands-down my favorite in Berlin, and the fresh juices pair with them wonderfully! The raw sweets are also amazing. The ambiance of the old market hall is really cool, but there are plenty of meat and cheese displays everywhere, which might make some people uncomfortable. It also gets really crowded in the evenings. In the Fall there are hot chestnuts sold outside!

Pros: delicious food, inexpensive, traditional market on hand

Cons: limited opening hours, terribly crowded, non-vegan surroundings

Delicious and unusual burger in a great location - Edit

If you're in Kreuzberg, you will need to stop by the market to taste the best burger I've had in berlin, or anywhere else.

The market is a lively place, with occasional food truck events and also a sheltered location in case berlin's weather plays a trick on you.

The tofu steak is served in a wholewheat bun with fresh salad, red beets, etc. along with a selection of delicious sauces, including a spectacular mango-based sauce.

There are also fresh smoothies on sale, along with raw desserts; we tasted a phenomenal raw avocado-lime cake.

The staff are wonderful, friendly and really make this one of the best vegan spots in berlin. Do not miss it!

Pros: delicious burger, friendly staff, location

Tasty burger on a delicious bun - Edit

I had the burger with peanut sauce. It was definitely the best vegan burger I've eaten in Berlin. The roll was wholemeal and the peanut sauce delicious. I also had a raw cupcake which I really liked too. Such a nice area to explore too. Highly recommended.

Pros: flavour, location

Incredible burgers & cheesecake. - Edit

Amazing tofu steak burgers. The salad was fresh and tasty. Mango & Chilli sauces added great flavour and punch. Lovely toasted bun. Couldn't have asked for more. The cheesecakes were delicious they had 2 flavours the day I went. Both completely different and amazing in their own way. Just wish I didn't have to go back home to England so I could eat here more often.

Best burger ever? - Edit

This place is well worth finding, as their burger is probably the best burger I've ever had.
The staff are friendly, helpful and speak excellent English. They were also very careful in preparing my partner's gluten free version (which was also excellent).
Worth coming on Thursday nights for the streetfood event.
So good we went back a second time during our week in Berlin.

Pros: Excellent!

Pleasantly suprised - Edit

I chose this place for convenience and to be honest was not expecting great things from a fast-food place which I thought would be focused on fake-meat. How I was wrong! I have never seen such a variety of vegan burgers, complete with a generous helping of fresh salad and spicy sauces. One burger and a drink was enough for me as a main meal. The atmosphere was generally good, and the staff polite, though be prepared for it to be crowded on a Saturday.

Pros: fully vegan, portion sizes

berlin's ubud - Edit

I don't know if you've ever been to ubud, bali, Indonesia but it's raw food heaven.
I went to sun day burgers to get some dessert and ended up getting a smoothie aswell because they looked SO good.
I got a raw chai carrot cake and a macaloe (maca, dates, cashes, aloe vera,...) smoothie. I enjoyed it all a lot and I will definitely come back to try the burgers which looked way too delicious to be true!!

Pros: nice staff, delicious, fresh

Delicious! - Edit

I had a burger and a raw chai-spiced cake and both were amazing! The prices were not that cheap (neither expensive) but worth it. The burger was very flavor rich with lots of fresh herbs!
I was lucky to be early so I did not have to wait :)

Pros: good quality, decent price

Cons: long waiting time (from what I saw later, little variety in burgers

Healthy and yummy! - Edit

This place stands in a Markthalle and offers really tasty and healthy vegan burgers. The bread has a lots of different nuts, and inside, they put sprouts, salad, tomatoes, a burger steak and a very good spicy sauce. The whole is really yummy and fresh. They also serve yummy fresh juices and their desserts are unusual but very good, such as an avocado-chocolate cake that was amazing!

Pros: very good flavours, healthy, spicy, good fresh juices and desserts, friendly staff

Delicious carrot chai spiced cheesecake - Edit

Nice atmosphere and very casual. They have great live music and communal picnic benches. On Thursday nights all the vendors do a street food event and are open until 10pm.

I had their burger which was delicious and the buns was really tasty. Also had a piece of carrot chai spiced cheesecake which was incredible. Definitely getting a smoothie next time I visit.

Pros: Delicious food, Good value, Nice vibe

Pleasant burger - Edit

Usually I would think a plain slab of tofu as a burger would be a bit boring, but not when accompanied by this variety of different salad fillings and dressings. The beetroot and peanut sauce are especially good. The cheesecakes also looked really nice.

Pros: Tasty, Friendly

Cons: No space to queue

Markthalle - Edit

I was happy to look up this place since I discovered Markthalle. It was great sitting there having a glace of wine with a vegan burger. The burgers were pretty small but tasty. I had to order a second one because this was suppose to be my lunch. I liked the concept with only one kind of white tofu burger but on the other hand, why couldn't they have some alternatives and some nice but simple sallads?

I bought some vegan cakes but they were not nice at all. Fat, creamy, sweat and tasteless. Big contrast to the healthy delicious vegan burgers. It is possible to make brownies and chocolate cakes which actually taste chocolate. I am surprised that so many vegan places fail to make tasty vegan sweats and cakes.

Pros: all vegan and in Markthalle!, nice staff , different concept of burger

Cons: small and expansive burgers, cakes are not tasty at all...., not the area I usually go to in Bln

Not burgers, just appetizers! - Edit

For me 4,5€ is very expensive for so small and not so tasty burgers! Probably it's normal for MarktHalle, because there aren't truly vegan places and the vib is great for wine and burgers — sometimes for somebody the price doesn't matter :) but I don't believe in Sun Day burgers like in a full-time cafe. It's not fair to sell so little buns and call it "burgers". I don't return to Sun Day Burgers, but I return to MarktHalle!

Pros: Decent fill, Place! MarktHalle is great!

Cons: The smallest burger buns in my life! , PRICE! , the one type of burger's fill

Surprisingly delicious - Edit

I tried their burger at the stall in Mauerpark flea market. It's a bit expensive for just a veggie burger in Berlin (especially at Mauerpark), but it tastes much better than it looks. The tofu seemed overcooked, and it sounded like too many toppings, but actually all together it makes quite a tasty and satisfying meal.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Expensive

Favorite Burger in Berlin - Edit

So far, Sun Day Burgers is my favorite burger joint in Berlin. The rolls (Vollkornbrötchen) are robust enough to stand up to the gustatory delight that awaits inside. The tofu is beautifully marinated and of good consistency and the fresh ingredients are crisp and healthy tasting. I've always gone with the Dalai-Lama version - all three sauces- simply because they all sound, look and taste too good to pass up. The search continues for a burger to out-do this one, but so far, the fare this groovy food-truck delivers is second to none.

Great burgers and juices - Edit

As far as I can tell this place is run by one lady, who's really friendly. We often see her at her stall in Markthalle Neun in Kreuzberg.

The burgers are produced with fresh vegetables, home-made sauces and delicious fried tofu. The freshly squeezed juices are also fantastic.

Constructive criticism:

- The burgers are a little messy to eat - the filling often ends up in your napkin!

- I'd really like to see some different things.

Pros: Good burgers, Fresh juices, The owner is really friendly

Cons: Not much choice

tasted healthy and yummy! - Edit

I went there with friends who arent vegan or vegetarian and they liked it. For me it was very delicious, because i felt like eating something thats good for my body :) the burger was big, a bit difficult for me to eat, but never mind. The ingredients like beetroot, alfalfa, tofu, tomatos, salad and so on were fresh and tasty. and the sauces (4 to choose from, peanutchutney, pineapplechutney, mangochutney and hot chili), i choosed 3 of them blended well together! i had a burger and a green herbal smoothie and payed around 7€ i guess. The staff was very friendly. Will def come back when in berlin again.

Pros: healthy, 4 different yummy sauces/chutneys, tasted very good

Finally also Sun Day Burgers in Kreuzberg - Edit

The super tasy Sun Day Burgers from Mauerpark (http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=14605) is now also available in Kreuzberg at Markthalle Neun on Fridays and Saturdays.
In addition to that Sun Day Burgers offers there also fresh and super healthy organic Smoothies and Juices. I actually can hardly decide which one is the best. The "Green light" with its concentrated vitamine power feels energizing after the first sip. The "Banana Nuts" with peanut and dates takes my heart on a bad day.
The Markthalle Neun venue itself is worth stopping by. There is a wide international food and specialities offer, space to sit down and for children to play. On Sundays there are now and then special offers like markets just with sweets or handmade things.

Updated from previous review on Monday March 26, 2012

Pros: healthy, good advice, friendly staff

Cons: noisy, market stand (not for candle light dine)

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sun Day Burgers - Markthalle Neun closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 14346 times since Dec 2011.