CLOSED: Sun Day Burgers - Prenzlauer Berg

13355 Bernauer Strasse, Mauer Park, Flea Market (at near ElberswalderStr U-Bahn), Berlin, Germany

Booth in the Mauerpark Flew Market selling a burger which consists of whole wheat bun, tofu steak marinated in soy sauce & ginger, lettuce, tomato, beet root, cucumber, caramelized onions, fresh coriander, sprouts and topped with a smoked chipotle chilli, or mango chutney. Also sells brownies and lemonade. See its facebook for latest locations. Please let happycow if this has re-opened from winter. THIS LOCATION CLOSED.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by hardluckminer

Now at Markt Halle Neun, look for Gyros guy here. - Edit

I think they are only available in the Markt Halle Neun in Kreuzberg now because a greedy landlord from Munich took over the market and raised the rents through the roof and forced them to take the wagon away every week instead of leaving it there, even though the space is not used for anything else on week days, they are just mean spirited people.

Outsiders are killing Berlin, causing a slow and painful death to what used to be the greatest city ever. Especially the Bavarians, they just don't get the vibe here, they are money hungry vultures.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 28, 2015

Updated from previous review on Monday September 28, 2015

Pros: Best ever vegan burgers, Tasty plus, Made fresh

Cons: Addictive, Too good, Can't get enough

What a pleasant surprise - Edit

I was at the fleemarket and stubbled upon this 'foodtruck'. It was a hot sunny day in May, a great atmosphere and these burgers were an amazing addition to the scenery.

Pros: cheap yet a lot!, all vegan!, nice location

A little lodge of deliciousness - Edit

A small cabinet located inside farmers market Markthalle Neun.

Really friendly worker who listened our demands and made orders according to our wishes. The burger was also available with gluten-free bread and was filled with fresh ingredients. A nice and unusual ingredient was beetroot, but without it the burger would have missed something vital.

The three available sauces tasted amazing and you could pick one, two or all three.

Juices are made from fresh ingredients and are really nourishing.

The whole set was prepared really fast and filled with taste and freshness.

Pros: Gluten-free , Fresh, fresh, bio, fresh, Friendly staff

Cons: A bit hard to find

Great fresh food! - Edit

Excellent food! I enjoyed the veggie burger that was awesome with beet, cucumber, sprouts, lettuce and mango chutney with marinated tofu! Followed it up with the berry cheesecake, so delicious! Great location in the market, friendly staff and would definitely recommend! Also cheap for the high quality of food!

Delicious! - Edit

The burgers are so delicious, I also had raw cake, the cheese cake tastes like "real", you also have to try the little chocolate cakes!

Markthalle Neun location - Edit

I visited their 2nd location inside Markthalle Neun, which is like an indoor farmers market. Nice atmosphere and very casual. They have great live music and communal picnic benches. On Thursday nights all the vendors do a street food event and are open until 10pm.

I had their burger which was delicious and a piece of carrot chai spiced cheesecake which was incredible. Definitely getting a smoothie next time I visit.

Pros: Delicious food, nice atmosphere, good value

Tasty - Edit

The burguer is fair and the thai sauce is very tasty. It is not that easy to find it and there are other places selling vegan food at the market. So, grab a burguer at Sun Day, then a hotdog, then a soup, Berlin is great for vegans hehehe

Scrumdidleedumtious!!!!! - Edit

Seriously yummy vegan fast food burger van smack in the middle of a fantastic flea market!the ladies serving the food are so friendly and the burger is unbelievable!it is jam-packed full of gorgeous delisciousness!!!worth every penny!just to warn you ladies out there....do not go here on a date!eating a massive burger does not scream sexy!enjoy!

Pros: Great service, Delicious Food, Cheap and Cheerful

Cons: Not very much seating around the van, Slightly messy ot eat

Hard to find, but worth the search - Edit

Located right in the middle of usually crowded Mauerpark Flohmarkt.
Bit difficult to find, but once there, it was worth the search.
Very small menu (actually none): burger with huge selection of toppings and usually two to three sauces.
Very tasty!

Good, tasety, surprising - Edit

Found this place by looking into this site (so thanks for that !!). As we wanted to go to the flea market anyway, we targeted this place to be our lunch of the day. It took us a while to find, probably because it was opened later than other food stands (and if something is closed, we pay less attention to it, I guess). Anyway, once we decided we are hungry enough, we approached to the stand. No queues, just several people sitting next to the place. We ordered two burgers with two suaces (the peanut Thai, and the Chili marmalade). The lady serving us also suggested that we take a home-made lemonade. the price for all that - just a bit above 9 Euro (I was expecting it to cost more). Anyway, we took all that to a next by bench, and ... really loved what we put into our mouth. It was fresh, not too spicy, thr ight temperature, with different kinds of vegtibales in it, and of course the tofu was thdre - grilled to the right level. We both loved what we have ordered (we also switched, so I got to taste both burgers). The surprising part - we both had to struggle easiting this as a burger in a bun ... the "strcuture" was not stable, so eventually we were eating the ingredients independent from the bun. However, this was all worth it ... we really enjoied it all.

A cultural experience, not a meal - Edit

I went to Sun Day Burgers today and had the burger. The setting is a giant flea market and it's an adventure trying to find this place. Amidst a sea of people hunting for vintage articles, you'll find this food stall eventually. The burger was ok. Grilled tofu, decent bun, veggies, and a tasty spread. Nothing more, nothing less. You'll feel like you're part of the "vegan underground" being here. If you're looking for a proper meal with nice service and ambience... you're in the wrong place. The burger + drink was around 7 euro, which I think is expensive for what you get and the environment you're in. But this place is super crowded so maybe I'm alone on this. I'm told Ray Doggy no longer owns it either (fyi).

Pros: tasty

Cons: price, location, ambience

Deeeelicious - Edit

In my trek of looking for vegan restaurants, I was surprised when I stumbled upon a kiosk in a market hall. The Sun Day Burger was the only food item on the menu aside from smoothies and I can understand why they only need the one. It was such a great combination of ingredients that really complimented each other. I ended up liking the burger so much, I went back a second time in my visit to Germany.

Location remark - Edit

Note that the Sun Day Burger stand is located somewhere inside the Mauer Park, not near the south entrance (as suggested by the address and map).

The burger is very tasty! They had three different sauces, which you could all combine :-).

Pros: Good burger

Cons: May be busy

one word: delicious - Edit

This was one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had + Lilith and her team are incredibly welcoming and friendly! I can recommend going there to anyone who loves good food. Guaranteed to make your Sunday even better!

Contributions +45

A damn good burger - Edit

I love the Mauerpark flea market, and sitting in the middle of it all on a Sunny Sunday with my Sun Day burger was a truly lovely, happy experience.
The burger was delicious, wholesome and hearty. The smoked chilean marmalade (did I remember that right? Some sort of delicious marmalade anyway) was divine. I had the burger with everything that was available and it was very generous, varied and tasty. I'll definitely go back next time I'm at the flea market. In fact, knowing there's a Sun Day burger waiting for me there makes me want to go back to the market even more!

Pros: So tasty!, Lovely relish, Wholesome

Delicious! - Edit

I think it's awesome that, thanks to Sun Day Burgers, there's a vegan option for hungry visitors of the Mauerpark fleamarket! :) And such a tasty one! At first I was a bit skeptical that there is only one burger and no other options. But then I tried it and what can I say? It's SO good that I didn't miss a thing! It could be a "challenge" for picky eaters since it's not a standard type burger but has unusual stuff on it like cilantro and red beets, but for me this makes it even better! A culinary explosion of several tastes that combine together just perfectly. mmhh yummy! :)

Pros: cheap! 3 Euro is a reasonable price, SO tasty, very friendly and good-humoured staff :)

Great food. Friendly owners. - Edit

The burgers at Sunday Burgers are simple and fresh tasting. The owners are very accommodating and strive to make sure all their customers are satisfied with their meals. Ray and Lilith were very helpful and friendly. They are passionate about veganism and ready to share information to help people find more vegetarian and vegan options in the city.

Pros: Fresh , Healthy

A great experience every time! - Edit

The Sunday Burgers is a definite stop every time I go to my beloved neighboring Mauer Park! I sense every time the great atmosphere the joy surrounding the burger stand. Everytime I make the first bite of those delicious burgers my body goes vibrant with freshness, you can also sense the love and joy put into those burgers, it feels so home-made straight from mama :) I love also their concept of one-product offer, takes away all the indecisive doubting, no complications, you know what you are going for, but they always manage to surprise you every now and then with that new special sauce :)

Pros: great tasting excellent food, great friendly staff, great value

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sun Day Burgers - Prenzlauer Berg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.