First Review by ahaus829

My Favorite Place - Edit

Sun and Earth is a beautifully kept health food store hidden in Annapolis among car dealerships and fast food chains. It is a quaint store with a distinct aroma of spices. In the back there is a great wall of herbs and spices that you bag yourself, there are also giant tubs of nutritional yeast which can be difficult to find. There is also a refrigerated section with the best sandwiches on sprouted bread that you may ever have. The vegan ones are marked by a little green marking n the label. The food is fresh, the employees are lovely and welcoming and the options are plentiful.

Pros: Excellent food, Nice vibe, down to earth, Many specialty items

Sun & Earth Treats Customers Very Poorly - Edit

I shopped at Sun & Earth for years, and was abused by an employee there, I reported it to management, and they did nothing. I don't feel safe shopping at Sun & Earth in Annapolis.

Pros: Good Prices, Hard to Find Items

Cons: Employee that abuses Customers, Management that does nothing about it

THIS is shopping. - Edit

I've literally never known a place like this. The other comments are true. Its the best vegan option in Annapolis, especially when you have guests who are Gluten Free or looking for the best handmade local products. They have what no one else seems to and get everything you need if they don't stock it. I've been coming here for years and make the trip in even though I moved.

The employees have always been impressive. And it smells GREAT. A rare gem.

Pros: Vegan, Local, Knowledgeable Staff

Cons: Tight Space, Prices

GREAT Health Foods Store - Edit

I am no longer in Annapolis,and Sun & Earth is the store I miss. I'll just say that I did all of my health food shopping there for decades, never was dissapointed, prices were low, all folks there knew their products and I still use them by mail order. Does that tell you how great they are ?

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Value pricing, Extensive selection

Ok if you are in the area - Edit

I stumbled on this store. Very friendly staff and helpful. Small and close, not lot of space to move around. However, they did have a variety of items that a larger chain grocery would carry. I purchased a few items on the go sandwich and drink a bit pricey for the items. I would not travel the distance just for the store, but if I was in the area I might drop in to check out discontinued items.

Pros: helpful and friendly staff , good variety of items, bathroom available to customers

Cons: small, a bit pricey

Best Vegan Option in Annapolis! - Edit

Lovely little Health Food Store on West Street. Everyone here is so nice! I love that I can get bulk teas here--and bulk TVP, nuts, etc. But the best part, by far, is their sandwhiches--we love the gardenburger and the baked tofu! They are SO good, with lots of vegan cheese and veggies, and a really terrific value. The rest of the prices are a touch higher than WFM, etc., but I feel good supporting this locally owned company!

Pros: Sandwhiches, Independant!, Bulk teas

Cons: Touch more expensive

Return to Annapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sun and Earth Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3585 times since Aug 2007.