Sukkho Thai

Contact 250-591-8424

123 Commercial St, Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada, V9R 5G5

Serves meat, vegan options available. Re-opened Apr 2013 after renovations. Will make dishes vegan upon request - let them know. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-8:30pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by kimward8

YUM! - Edit

My boyfriend and I were in Nanaimo for the day and chose to stop in for lunch based on the reviews here. The lunch combos are a fantastic value including a dish of choice along with soup, salad and spring rolls on the side. So much food, I had to pack some to go! We requested both of our meals to be cooked vegan and they happily accommodated. We'll definitely return. :)

Pros: Great Value, Flavour, Service

Cons: small menu selection

Great Service - Edit

We checked this place out based on the reviews here at happy cow and we were very satisfied. The staff are super friendly are very willing to cater to a vegan diet. The food was some of the best ethnic food I've had in a long while. Two thumbs up!!

Pros: Service, Taste, Ambience

excellent! - Edit

was a little wary about restaurants here not completely comprehending 'vegetarian' but I was asked what type of veggie I was (vegan, lacto-ovo, etc)! I felt they really understood and wouldn't try something like sneaking some oyster sauce into my pad thai. overall, I will go back because I felt comfortable. the food was good, don't get me wrong, but the customer service is what shined through.

Pros: customer service, beautiful (but not over-the-top) atmosphere, good prices for portion size (large)

Cheap, delicious vegan lunch! - Edit

The pad thai was amazing, the best I've ever had, equal to Baan Wasana's vegan pad thai in Vancouver. The lunch combo was so cheap for such high quality! The spring rolls and soup that come with their regular lunch combos are vegan already, and they will make anything else on the menu vegan. Also, they know what is and is not vegan already, and how to make everything vegan that can be, so there is no discusion required which makes the dining experience less stressful. I would highly recommend taking non-vegan family and friends here when in Nanaimo.

Return to Nanaimo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sukkho Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1400 times since Sep 2011.