Sukho Thai

• Veg-friendly
Contact 504-948-9309

2200 Royal St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70116

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food place, BYOB. Pleasant atmosphere with tablecloths set up, more upscale then typical Thai places, and a la carte prices are slightly higher. A section in the menu is listed as vegetarian/vegan. Has tofu. Relocated from 1913 Rotal St in 2015.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LKS

Delicious Thai with Lots of Vegan Options - Edit

Had a great experience here. Staff was lovely, drinks were on special because it was Sunday and the page of vegan options made me very happy. I had the fresh rolls and they were so good I didn't manage to get a photo. Lol. Also ordered Vegan Dirty Noodles and the Vegan Spicy Eggplant Dish. The leftovers saved my life last night when there was nothing edible offered at my work conference. If I lived here, I would definitely go back.

Pros: drink specials, vegan section, thoughtful staff

Cons: we had a really hard time getting a cab back to ho

Great Thai food for all persuasions - Edit

Service was great and fast. Food was excellent. I've been to Thailand many times and this restaurant rates well against the homeland. They will do authentic hot Thai is you want it. We had vegan pad Thai with tofu and tofu bean kafir lime with brown rice. Delish!!

Delicious!! - Edit

I absolutely LOVE Sukho Thai. They have an entire vegan section on the menu which is just glorious and overwhelming. Each time I've been the staff was very aware of their menu and able to answer my questions. The pad thai is my favorite to get here. They had some great sake specials the last time I went which was nice. The first time I had gone they had sat us next to the pool table, so it was a bit frustrating to be enjoying my anniversary dinner in a nice-ish place and suddenly dodging pool sticks, so I definitely recommend telling them to seat you elsewhere if they try to seat you over there and you aren't in the mood for a bar setting!

Pros: Delicious, Vegan menu!

Cons: pool table next to back tables

food..? - Edit

Honestly, we can't say if the food was good - the menu looked good and the place smelled nice - but after 50 min of waiting we still only had our ice water. We had ordered our tea and appetizer after app. 20 min, but it seemed that we were forgotten. We tried talking to the manager, but he never got back to us and our waiter was busy elsewhere. We're not picky eaters or used to fine dining, but we chose to leave the place... So in conclusion; the food might possibly be good, but we never actually tasted it since their level of service was so low. It was also very cold in the restaurant (December).

vegan menu - Edit

Excellent food. Lots of good teas & drinks but no alcohol, might be BYOB. Spring rolls are perfect. Pad Thai & yellow curry with tofu were both great. Fresh crisp veggies, very good place.

Pros: fresh not greasy, teas, good service

Great Spot for Vegans - Edit

Beautiful restaurant. They have a vegan menu so need to guess. Food was great, service was excellent. We would definitely come again when in town.

Pros: Great service, Vegan Menu, Good for large parties

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sukho Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 848 times since Nov 2013.