Sukh Sagar

Contact 44355222

Diamond Hotel 2, Doha, Qatar,

Restaurant chain originated in India and branched out to many locations. The extensive menu includes cuisines from North Indian tandoor and Punjabi as well as snacks, pizza, Chinese dishes, desserts, fresh juices, and beverages. Old Museum Branch- +974-4431-9172 & +974-4431-2581. Safari Mall Branch- +974-4468-0350. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Chinese, Indian, Juice bar, Catering

First Review by lotustummy

Good food, bad location during museum construction - Edit

The main problem with this restaurant currently (March 2014) is that it is badly affected by the National Museum Construction. The street that it is on is closed, and you cannot see the name of the hotel it is in from the street, plus the entrance is on the side of the hotel directly next to the construction. Once we were in the neighborhood it took our taxi driver 15 - 20 minutes to find the location, even though he asked many people and called the restaurant twice!

The restaurant itself doesn't look like much. It's pretty small and very casual. We were there for lunch and they had a buffet, but we chose to order from their extensive menu. It's one of the longest and most diverse menus I've ever seen! I was unfamiliar with most of the dishes and we tried items that we've never had before.

The food itself was good Indian food. It wasn't something spectacular, but had good flavor and was satisfying. But, there are lots of Indian restaurants in Doha that have plenty of vegetarian choices that aren't as out-of-the-way, or as difficult to get to. If you want to support a vegetarian restaurant while in Doha - go here for a meal or two. But, if you are looking for a really wonderful meal, there are other good choices as well.

Rating this restaurant is difficult - I'm vacillating between three and four cows, and wish that we could pick a half-cow in our ratings.

Pros: All vegetarian menu, Good prices, Huge menu

Cons: Location

a family favourite - Edit

My husband and I eat here at least once a week! It's always good always fresh and yummy - and always packed with the city's Indian population! Many great pure veg things on the menu

Pros: always good - chain restaurant so same all around , fantastic service , excellent price value

Cons: the buffet is too much food for us :( , they only serve supper after 6 or 7

Return to Doha Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sukh Sagar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2397 times since Dec 2010.