Sugo Pizza Al Taglio

Aert van Nesstraat 20, Rotterdam, Netherlands, 3012 CA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria close to Lijnbaan shopping street. Has 2 labeled vegan pizzas on its menu.The pizza is al taglio, a variety of pizza baked in large rectangular trays and sold in slices. The food and drinks are partially organic and/or fair trade. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Gudrun

Great pizza, nice place - Edit

When we arrived it was already quite late, but the staff didn't mind making an extra vegan pizza for us (they'd run out of one of the flavours), they were very friendly (we even got the last slice on the house, since it was closing time and we were "the vegans"). Although there are not many options, the pizza is so good that it's absolutely worth eating here. Bonus points for the vegan wine!

Pros: Great pizza, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Limited vegan choices, omni place

Tasty pizza slices, but helpless staff - Edit

Sugo sells two types of tasty vegan pizza slices, for vegetarians there are more options, like in regular pizza places. Unfortunately, the staff is helpless and cannot answer the most basic questions, also in general they are not very friendly. The shop recently increased all the prices and I think it's slowly becoming a bit pricey for the small pieces that they offer.

Pros: 100% organic, Tasty (vegan) pizza slices, Central location

Cons: Helpless staff, Only two vegan options, No vegan desserts

FarukDervis 14 Sep 2016 - Dear Anja,

I am one of the owners of Sugo. I'm a bit shocked by your review. We strive to offer each and every customer an excellent experience at Sugo. I hope you can offer us feedback as to which questions weren't answered by our staff.

With regard to our prices: I can assure you for a full 100% that none of our vegetarian / vegan pizzas increased in price since we opened on 12 Feb 2015.

Thanks for your review and hope to see you again in one of our stores.

Vegan pizza! - Edit

How I miss the vegan Daiya cheese pizzas which are available in some pizza places (and chains) throughout the US!

So I was really happy when I heard that this place is selling at least 2 different vegan pizzas. I was not sure if they really do have them always but yes, they do. When I was there there was one type of pizza with tomato sauce and mixed vegetables and one with tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes. None of them had "cheese" which does not make them very filling but I suspect those variations are at least healthier than the ones I had in the US.

The vegetables taste fresh and good. I found the cherry tomato pizza version a bit bland, I think it was supposed to be with peppers but I did not taste those at all, only the tomatoes. I believe adding some more (hot) peppers and garlic would be a good improvement here. I did like the pizza with mixed vegetables, though, and I will definitely get back here!

Last but not least: the interior is modern and trendy and the staff really friendly!

Pros: vegan pizza, friendly service, use organic products

Return to Rotterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sugo Pizza Al Taglio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.