Sugar and Spice

• Bakery Bakery
+31-686045183

Zeedijk 75, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1012

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bakery that also serves a few savory sandwiches. Has vegan options; please inquire. Menu items include in-house-made granola breakfast, carrot muffins, sandwiches and made-in-house smoothies. Lunch includes quinoa or couscous salads. Is a take-away shop; however, you can dine in also. Previously vegetarian but now serving meat, reported November 2016. Open Tue-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm. Closed Mon.

First Review by RDHarwood

Nice options - Edit

Stopped by while walking around. It was a bit cold outside so it was nice to have good coffee and yummy vegan options. The menu can change from day to day so don't expect to see the same thing each time.

Pros: great location, nice staff, cozy and warm

Cons: pricey, some of the cakes were dry but still yummy

vegan cake heaven - Edit

clearly marked vegan options - I was so overwhelmed by all the vegan cakes that it was hard to choose. Definitely have to try more.
super friendly staff also!

Pros: many vegan options, clearly visible vegan signs, not expensive for Amsterdam standards

Owner so friendly! - Edit

Found this place on our last night in Amsterdam, unfortunately as it was late there was no vegan things left! But we got a coffee and spoke to the owner for a good half an hour! He told us about the vegan breakfast, and all the other things and we were so disappointed we hadn't gone earlier! Definitely worth going!

Pros: Lovely staff, Amazing coffee, Very chilled

Cons: vegan stuff goes very quickly!

Great Vegan breakfast - Edit

Went there for a birthday vegan breakfast and was pleasantly surprised of the quality and taste. Never had vegan breakfast somewhere that was so good other than my house.

Pros: Healthy, Vegan

Vegan Brunch - Edit

I went here for brunch after seeing it on Happy Cow as it was central and near my hotel. I went at about 10am, it was only starting to get going.

I ordered the vegan brunch off the menu, which consisted of soya yogurt with fuit, two mini pittas with houmous and salad, salad in a teacup, three slices of cakey bread (almond or banana maybe) with a little pot of jam and another slice of cake (I think it was banana bread). It also included a hot drink (I got a soya latte) and an orange juice.

The brunch was really nicely presented and delicious, but I would have preferred something else instead of the salad, it wasn't my favourite part of the meal.

The service was very good and there was free wi-fi, which is always a bonus. The brunch was €15.95, which I thought was a bit pricey, but considering the fact that it came with coffee it probably wasn't too bad.

Pros: Vegan labelled option on menu, including cake, Central location, free wifi, friendly service

Cons: A bit pricey

food made with love - Edit

You can get vegan brunch, hot drinks with almond milk, banana almond cake, everything is beautifully presented and really yummy. The food is prepared in the middle of the café on a nice counter filled with vegetables!

Pros: beautifully presented food in cozy place, really yummy, obviously home-made, friendly staff

Cons: serves meat, no gluten-free bakery-stuff but you can get a good

A yummy brunch - Edit

I went here for brunch with my boyfriend on a late Sunday morning.

I had the vegan green girl brunch which was delicious and had a nice balance of sweet and savoury items on. My boyfriend went for the other brunch though beware we thought it would be vegetarian but it came with some bacon in a roll as one component of the meal.

Pros: Generous portions, Friendly staff

Cons: Not actually entirely vegetarian

Simple and sweet - Edit

I felt as though I was getting treated to a truly Dutch vegan experience here (as opposed to Eastern or Mediterranean vegan options). We ordered the green girls breakfast, which comes with a delicious soy yoghurt granola pot, raisin bread, a hummus and chargrilled veggie sandwich, banana cake and more. I was very happy with the service, too. We went back another day for a full-sized hummus and veggie sandwich and more banana cake!

Pros: An authentic experience in a small business

Cons: Limited options, soy coffee not great

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sugar and Spice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1905 times.