CLOSED: Su Xin Zhai - Food Stall

BLK 333C Yishun Street 31, North Singapore, Singapore, 763333

Chinese name 素心斋 is a Taiwanese food stall in New Century Coffee Shop. Serves cold noodle, ramen and herbal (angelica) vermicelli. Previously located at Blk 335 Smith St, Stall 02-123. Reported closed, Jun 2017. Open Mon 7:00am-2:00pm, Tue-Sun 6:00pm-8:00pm, Wed-Sun 7:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by samesamebutvegan

Cheap healthy tasty vegetarian , dun miss it! - Edit

Healthy food with great price $3.50. Nowadays hardly to find such price pair with healthy vegetarian food.
Been twice, tried fried rice and meehoon kway,taste quite good and have its own unique taste.
Good service, boss and assistant very smiley and polite.

Pros: Healthy menu , much less oily , no msg yet taste g, Great price , most of ala carte dishes cost $3.50 , Good service.

Cons: A bit inaccessible due to located at new hdb area.

Taiwanese glutinous rice with lotus seeds - Edit

The Taiwanese glutinous rice with lotus seeds is yummy.
Available only on Saturday, Sunday, 1st and 15th of lunar calendar.

Pros: Also have other interesting Vegan Taiwanese dishes, Spacious and nice coffee shop environment with lot

highly, highly recommend - Edit

Can't believe noone rated this place yet. Food was absolutely delicious. I had the braised rice for 2sgd. Big protion and the soy meat that came with it was one of the best I ever had. Soft but still chewy, with an amazing taste, although no MSG is used in any of their dishes.
Afterwards I ordered the dumblings, normally they come in or with a soup, but I asked to get them without the soup and so they only charged me half of the price (1,50 instead of 3), which I found a really great gesture although I would have been happy to pay 3sgd too. Dumblings tasted really great too and I was given soy sauce, some vinegar, spices and sesame oil to put on by my own.
The young owner is super nice and kept talking to me. The owners are vegan themselves and seem really passionate about selling good, tasty vegan food.
Opposite there is a little shop selling drinks. I had the soy milk (natural, homemade, sugar optional) for 1sgd for a small, large one is 2sgd. Great to accompany your food.
Highly, highly recommend that place. Would definitely go there regularely if I was living in Singapore.

Pros: cheap, absoluely delicious, nice owner

Return to North Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Su Xin Zhai - Food Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.