Su Life Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 07-33495995

Shop 4/2120 Logan Rd, Upper Mt Gravatt, Brisbane, Queensland, 4122

Small vegetarian restaurant located in Palmdale Shopping Centre opposite Garden City. Vegans please ask about menu items with no eggs and milk. Open Mon 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 11:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by camerongreen

Nice and cosy - Edit

A decent place to have a quiet lunch or dinner. They have a variety of Asian style dishes made with mock-meat, tofu and vegetables.

The food is decent but could often do with a bit more flavour. Also, the mains portions are a tad small at times (even for the price), so an appetiser is usually needed as well.

Overall, I tend to enjoy eating there time to time.

Pros: Good variety

Cons: Small portions

Amazing vegan food! - Edit

The menu is 90% vegan - the only non-vegan items are in a specific "vegetarian" section.
The food is amazing, would highly reccomend the Fried Xin-Bao Mushroom and the Mushroom Bloom in Barsel BBQ Sauce.

Pros: amazing vegan options, great asian fusion food , great portions

Cons: moderate/expensive pricing

Very happy - Edit

Excellent food very tasty. Amazing customer service. And also for all the pokemon go fans. There is a poke stop here. Wow. You can enjoy the delicious food and play POKEMON at the same time.

Pros: Tasty food Fresh vegetables , Great Service, Pokemon fans will love the POKESTOP

Cons: I cant think of any sorry, no cons, very happy with the service

Frustrating...no open when it says it is - Edit

We drove out of our way in Brisbane just to eat at this place and it was closed even when it was within the hours of operation on their sign out the front. We are from New South Wales but we hear it was a long weekend in Queensland...perhaps that is why...

2 Responses

DavidChung 18 Jul 2016 - No sometimes they close it due to having to attend religious ceremony.

DavidChung 18 Jul 2016 - Sorry to hear about it, but i know the owners. They are very nice people and close it due to religious ceremony. Sometimes they even close it for the buddah festival. So it's nothing personal.

Spicy Crispy 'Chicken' - Edit

This is my favourite veg restaurant. Really reasonably priced and has the most amazing dish of all time - Spicy Crispy 'Chicken'. Seriously, I've been here a few dozen times now, and I won't order anything else (other than their delicious satay 'chicken' skewers). Massive menu, 90% of it is vegan, and it's all clearly marked.

The restaurant decor is funny (plastic covers over the seating) but it's so worth it, the food is perfect. And their bubble teas... they come out in massive steins. Definitely try eating here.

Pros: Spicy Crispy 'Chicken', Large portions, reasonably priced, Quick service

Cons: Tawdry decor

very disappointing - Edit

waitress was quite rude, satay 'chicken' skewers were nice, the rest was horrible. had the beef and black bean and honey chicken. very hard to even finish our meals! chose this restaurant due to great reviews and left puzzled as to why anyone would recommend this restaurant. but maybe we just picked the duds of the menu. either way, definitely not returning!

Pros: vegan food.

Cons: poor quality of food rude/extremely blunt staff

DavidChung 18 Jul 2016 - Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Maybe because the staff's attitude, it unconsciously affected your perception thus causing you to feel disgust at the food. New staff has been hired and they are very nice.

Great value food - Edit

The three of us arrived here for an early dinner on a Sunday. We were the first diners there and were served quickly and with a smile - a great start. The menu is quite long and it took us ages to work out what to try. Unfortunately, the menu also lacks sufficient detail, so we had to ask the friendly waitress for help.

The food is mostly Chinese veg/vegan cuisine, with just a couple of Japanese influences thrown in (miso hotpot/soup, and udon soup). The Chinese flavours cover a wide range, from Sichuan to herb-based, so we felt really spoilt for choice.

Our food arrived quickly and almost all at once. Our seafood-flavoured entrees were tasty and good value. The portions for the mains were perfect - not too small and not ridiculously large. We shared all of our meals and each was given a thumbs up by all three of us.

We all left the now almost-full restaurant with full tummies. Best of all, I was not feeling bloated, but simply full, and this feeling lasted until after 9am the following morning. This was amazing, given that I'm usually starving by 7.30am!

Su Life is a must-try Brisbane venue. The most expensive meal is $15.50, and that's hard to come by nowadays!
Updated from previous review on Monday December 23, 2013

Pros: Great flavours, Excellent value, Friendly folks

Cons: Not enough detail in menu items

Yum Yum Yum - Edit

I took my two young teenage children here for dinner while on a very short break in Brisbane, and it was YUM. We had so much food, and it was very inexpensive. On recommendation from Brisbane vegan bloggers, we ordered a faux chicken dish - I think it was Crispy, Spicy Chicken. Not being fans of meat replacements, we thought we would try anyway. Oh my goodness. It was beyond sweet, but we could not stop eating it, can't really explain the flavours, but it was really delicious. We also had the fried dumplings, spring rolls, some pancake concoction which again was hard to pinpoint the flavour, but again we could not stop eating it.

They also serve bubble teas, and flavoured cold green teas - we had some green apple green tea, all freshly made and delicious. We would highly recommend this little restaurant. Lovely staff, just one girl running tables and it was quite busy for a Sunday night. Well done.

Pros: Delicious fresh good., Lovely staff., Inexpensive.

Cons: No cons.

Good food - Edit

I've eaten at Su Life a couple of times now and I find the food to always be tasty. Things I've particularly liked were the spicy mushroom and the tofu rice with vegetables...actually for such a plainly named dish that last one really surprised me and the other guy at our table who ordered it. The staff were also really nice, if you are going with a large group I recommend ordering a set meal and letting them know in advance, though I guess that applies to most small to midsize restaurants.

They have heaps of vegan options, but just make very clear that you are vegan, and don't be afraid to ask questions. I think they have learned a lot about what is vegan since opening it up :)

Pros: Inexpensive, Outdoor seating, Tasty

Cons: Make sure it's vegan

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Su Life Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.