Strictly Vegetarian

Contact 718-284-2543

2268 Church Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11226

Basic place with counter service, primarily takeaway with a few seats. Offers a variety of dishes made using vegetables, beans, tofu, and mock meats served over rice or pasta.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Caribbean, Soul Food

First Review by Jamaicanveggie

Hearty & 100% Vegan - Edit

I walked into this place because of this app. I am so grateful for finding it. The man who served my food and I chatted for a while and he smiled the entire time. I felt like I was at home because he was very nice and the food and prices were so reasonable. The food tasted like love. I would go back a million times even though I live in Queens. I recommend this place to anybody. Please visit, you won't regret it.

Pros: delicious , friendly/ homey , inexpensive

Cons: it's cash only

Fast, filling vegan food - Edit

This place is great if you need a quick vegan meal to go. It's buffet style, where you tell the restaurant what size carry-out container you would like, and then pick the foods you want. The portions are very large, Strictly Vegetarian fills these boxes up! The food changes daily, but there is usually a choice of grains, greens, and protein. Food definitely has a spicy kick. They also serve soups and desserts.

Pros: Quick, Friendly

Cheap - Edit

Big portions for a great price, compared with the local standard. 10$ for a medium plate are more than ok. the food is nice but being a one-dish meal, flavours get mixed and undefined. Let's say that it is worth a visit if you are in the area, but not a specific trip to get there.

Yummy, Delicious, and Inexpensive - Edit

Wanting something quick, healthy, easy, and tasty? Here is the place for you! My daughter and I went here about 1/2 dozen times when we stayed in Brooklyn for a month. Each day, they have new choices. All of it is Jamaican-flavored and healthy. You buy a container (varying sizes) and they'll fill it with whatever you want. They have control of the filling.

If you aren't in the mood for what they are serving, check out a nearly identical restaurant right across the street that always has different options than this restaurant.

Pros: Super cheap!, Healthy and Hearty, Delicious

Cons: Changing menu, Cash only

Sign says best vegetarian food in Brooklyn-true! - Edit

I almost didn't want to believe them, but the food was amazing. I went here over the summer and was very impressed with the friendliness, selection, prices, taste, and quality.

Awesome experience. I definitely recommend going here.

Pros: All vegan, Super friendly

Good food, low price - Edit

If you feel hungry and you are in Brooklyn, I highly recommend you this place.
It's a take away local but they have some chairs where you can seat.
The food it's really good, although a bit hot. They have diferents kinds of dishes, all of them really tasty.
We ask for the big menu (for two people) and it was more than enough. With the big menu we have the change to try all of the dishes.
I also recommend the oat cookies, they are amazing!

A Down to Earth Place with a Healthy Variety - Edit

Flavorful, low fat meals with a variety of vegetables, beans, tofu, and mock meat served on a bed of vegetable rice and pasta. Especially enjoyed their collard greens and the baked vegetable pocket (like a turnover). While the food is light, the quantities are large--I could only finish 2/3rds of a 'medium' plate (only $9). I liked the desserts--if you like them too sweet and oily, you may not. A mellow Guyanese vegan chef--who said he never heard the term "vegetarian" or "vegan" in his home town, but this was what food was. A well worn bible was open to the Psalms at the counter--suggesting a vegan Christian group. Place was constantly busy with Caribbean clients who say it is the best Caribbean food in New York, and an occasional hipster. Most people seem to do takeout, but there is a counter if you want to eat in as we did.

Pros: Excellent food, Down to earth, Great Value

Cons: Definitely not a date place!, Colorful neighborhood felt safe @daytime, Minimal counter seating

my first vegetarian experience - Edit

Stopped by here after my workout at planet fitness and I fell in love. I had everything for $7. I had more than enough leftover for dinner. The customer service is great I will be here after every workout.

Pros: friendly staff, great food, large proportions

Good Food/ Great Service - Edit

I've been a customer since they opened and beyond the good food (they are one of the best in Brooklyn, period) I return because of the good customer service. My boy GT (as I call him) always makes it a good experience. He even gives you good health advice. Please visit this place and tell me how it was. Tell then Knotti sent you! Ill go get a picture to upload today!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Customer Service, Very reasonable proces

Very good food - Edit

Very good food at the counter which you can see and choose. They dish it out for you. I had several of the items. This brief review applies to all 3 of the restaurants that I tried - Strictly Vegetarian, Scoops, and Four Seasons. The owners and operators are from the islands, and their food is all very similar.

best soy chunks - Edit

This restaurant is so good its a take out restaurant but for the price its very good. They serve buffet style meaning what ever they cooked for the day you will get a portion of each dish. I usually get the $8.00 plate of food and for the price i get to eat out of it like three times its great love it will always go back

Pros: price, portions, taste

Cons: none

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Strictly Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7200 times since Aug 2007.