Storm Crow Alehouse

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub and restaurant dedicated to all sorts of gaming and science fiction geekery with lots of memorabilia inside. Menu has vegan options which are reportedly cooked separately, including using a separate deep fryer. Uses vegenaise and vegan gravy. At brunch a vegan burger and tofu scramble. At lunch and dinner chickpea fries, burgers, shepherd's pie, poutine, salad, and a vegan dessert. Everything is marked vegan. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-1:00am, Mon-Sun 9:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Non-veg

First Review by vegan frog

good vegan effort! - Edit

The Storm Crow Alehouse is another version of its sister pub on Commercial Drive.
There is a pretty large menu and from what I heard from the server staff, they try to cook as much as possible in house.

We went there a few times. The first time was for brunch and we had the vegan burger and the tofu scramble. They confirmed that the vegan food is cooked separately and that they make a really good effort for the vegans or people with allergies.
I don't know about the burger, but the scramble was pretty good. It had a ton of spinach and fennel and good flavours in general. It came with a side of potatoes and fruit.

We also tried 3 dishes for dinner. The vegan poutine had roasted veggies, daiya cheese and vegan gravy. Delicious. We also tried the chickpea fries which had a great texture but were a bit too salty in my opinion. Also tried the shepherd's pie which I didn't love but we took home to finish.

The portions are quite generous and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Since I have some trust issues with non vegan places, we asked the server the second time around and she confirmed as well that the vegan food was cooked separately, and as a vegetarian herself, she found it important too.

One time my husband had the vegan burger but once he subbed the fried for Poutine and got the avocado and stuff to jazz it up, it came to $25 which I was a bit shocked about!

The great thing about this place is the atmosphere and the endless shelves of games that you can play before, during or after dinner.

Updated from previous review on 2016-05-15

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Great pub with good atmosphere

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Storm Crow Alehouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 212 times since May 2016.