Stoneacre Pantry

401-619-7810

515 Thames St, Newport, Rhode Island, USA, 02840

Serves meat, vegan options available. Neighborhood restaurant focused on sustainability and sourcing locally. Menu is small and seasonal. There are no vegan choices on offer, but they are happy to accommodate vegans by adjusting some of the vegetarian dishes - just call ahead. Has gluten free bread. Open Mon-Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, French, Non-veg

First Review by sbiller1

Vegan-friendly restaurant in the heart of Newport - Edit

I've been traveling to Newport a lot for business. I've tried almost every option listed on HappyCow but grew quickly tired of the options and the quality of the food. I noticed Stonacre Pantry one night when walking down Thames street to another restaurant. I decided to call ahead and inquired about Vegan options at the restaurant. They indicated that they could easily make a number of vegetarian items on the menu Vegan and reserved a seat at the six-person bar for me. I was pleasantly surprised at the chef inspired salad and entree. Both were delicious and I left Stonacre very happy with a plan to return again. It is pricey even by Newport standards. The salad was $16 and the entree was $24. I decided to try the restaurant again this week. This time I only ordered an entree. I did receive a complementary small plate salad and a complementary lentil bean soup...both were very small but it was a nice touch. The Kale, eggplant, wild rice, mushroom entree was very tasty. The wine by the glass was good as well. In the future when I return to Newport, Stonacre will be my go to Vegan friendly spot. I wish there were more restaurants like this in Newport. Call ahead for reservations and it is a relatively small restaurant.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Emphasized local and fresh foods, Offers gluten free as well

Cons: A bit pricey

Return to Newport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stoneacre Pantry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.