Stone Row Pub and Eatery

Contact 570-732-0465

45-47 Race St (at High St), Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, USA, 18229

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual, cozy, retro atmosphere. Located on a picturesque street. The first floor is a restaurant and the second floor is a pub. Has a few vegan items or ones that can be made vegan. Open Mon 11:30am-8:00pm, Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-7:00pm. Closed Tue-Wed.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by voivoed

best restaurant in Jim Thorpe! - Edit

I honestly would rate this 5 stars, but can't because it's not a fully vegetarian restaurant. The options they have here are unbelievably delicious. I live 45 minutes from here and sometimes make the drive just because I NEED to eat here. They have a handful of vegan options & always ask each table if they are vegan, vegetarian, or have any other special dietary needs. I think this is awesome because it goes to show they really care about each customer. They also do this super cute thing where they like the tables with white paper and give a set of crayons to each table. I know it sounds childish, but you'd be surprised how fun it is to indulge in some childhood fun as an adult! I would recommend this place to anyone! It's so good!!

Excellent! - Edit

My boyfriend and I was visiting the Poconos and took a ride to Jim Thorpe and stumbled upon this unique restaurant. It had a great diverse menu for me as a vegan and my boyfriend who is not. The menu had a great fresh selection and everything homemade. The service was excellent as well. The owner even came to speak to us in how everything was. Everyone was very personable.

Awesome find! - Edit

Went here with my mother the other day and was pretty impressed. The first thing that waiter asked us after we were seated was whether we had any dietary restrictions. I told him that I was vegan and and he was very helpful. I ended up getting the millet burger (though their lentil loaf sounded pretty good too) with their potato salad, we split their samosas for an appetizer and then I couldn't resist taking an apple spice cupcake to go. Everything was so delicious! The burger was a little dry on the flatbread (their vegan bun alternative) so I kind of wish I had tried one of their chutneys with it, but they gave me some sriracha to put on it so that helped. The samosas were pretty similar to the burger itself but they were still great. The cupcake was amazing! Usually when places only have one vegan dessert you can tell that they aren't used to vegan baking but holy cow was that cupcake good!

Not to mention the staff was extremely nice. The owner came over to greet us and ask how things were and we ended up having a really nice conversation. She's practically vegan herself and you could tell that she was really passionate about creating a place where anyone could feel welcome and enjoy. Overall I had a wonderful experience, it was really just the cherry on top of such a beautiful little town.

Tasty Vegan Food in a Small Town - Edit

I recently attended a convention in Jim Thorpe with friends. I had asked the hotel staff about restaurants with vegan options and was told to try Stone Row. We finally got there for lunch on our last day in town and I'm glad we did! The restaurant has a cute, casual atmosphere and a cozy vibe. The waitress was friendly. I ordered the millet burger and asked for the vegan bread option as the bun normally used is not vegan. The vegan option is a flatbread. The millet burger was quite tasty and comes with the option of a side of potato salad or coleslaw. I preferred the potato salad as I found the coleslaw too dry, but another diner prefers the coleslaw for its dryness. I would love to see a coleslaw option with the creaminess of the potato salad. The owner came out to speak with us and happily noted her vegan options and mentioned availability of vegan hot chocolate. I chose the hot chocolate with almond milk and it was delicious. Perfect for a cold winter day. I would definitely return to Stone Row next time I visit Jim Thorpe.

Pros: Tasty vegan food in a town without many , Friendly owner and staff, Good value

Great food, wonderful staff - Edit

We went there for lunch after talking to a few people that highly recommended it at a convention we were at. The staff was very welcoming and they were enthusiastic about their vegan items after we told them we were vegan. They were especially excited about telling us they have vegan hot chocolate made with a choice of soy, almond or rice milk, since not many places have that. We tried the soy and almond versions and both were delicious. They had nine vegan options on their menu, either straight up vegan or easily converted, and also had a delicious apple cider mini bundt cake for dessert.

We had the lentil loaf and the millet burger, plus hot chocolates and the apple cider cake. Everything tasted great. The only thing is that the burger comes with a gluten-free flat bread instead of a bun if want it vegan. It worked out fine though. They make their own vegan mayo for the potato salad that comes with it.

The owner and chef came out to greet us and make sure we knew about all their vegan options, and ended up chatting with us quite a bit. She's vegetarian (only because she eats butter) and seems to care quite a lot about the quality and preparation that goes into their food.

She told us they have separate pans *and serving dishes* for vegan food and the kitchen also has separate grills and prep areas so no cross-contamination happens. If I'm not mistaken, all their vegan dishes are also gluten-free.

We had a wonderful experience and highly recommend the place. Although we live about one and a half hours away from Jim Thorpe, we feel we'll be going there regularly to eat at Stone Row. The town is lovely, with a rich history, so it's very worth taking the time to visit anyway.

Updated to add: it seems that the menu on their website is pretty outdated at this point (I'm writing on 1/26/15), so if you don't see many vegan options it might be a good idea to call them.

Pros: Plenty of tasty vegan menu items, Great service, Casual ambiance

Return to Jim Thorpe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stone Row Pub and Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.