Stock

n/a

308 E Girard Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19125

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual 18-seat BYOB Vietnamese restaurant serving pho (available all day weekends and after 5:00 pm weekdays), including a vegan mushroom pho. All vegan dishes are labeled: tofu bahn mi, khao poon, Burmese cold noodles, and spicy peanut noodles. The only dessert option (coconut chia seed pudding) is also vegan. Open Mon 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:30pm-10:00pm, Wed-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Delivery, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by dgross

Yummy pho! - Edit

My partner and I visited this restaurant this past summer, when we were apartment-hunting in Philly, at the invitation of our (non-vegan) friends who live in the 'hood. It was a steamy afternoon and I remember the soups being very hot (and super tasty). He got the mushroom pho and I ordered the khao poon. We may have also gotten the Burmese cold noodles but I can't remember that far back. We also brought our own beer, as this establishment is BYOB. I recall the waitress being incredibly nice and super vegan-friendly. The setting is very intimate with limited seating and an open kitchen. It's definitely a good venue for a date or dinner with a handful of close friends.

More recently, however, my partner and I ordered delivery from Stock (via the Caviar app). I was worried about the soups not handling the trip well so I went a little crazy and ordered pretty much every vegan item on the menu to ensure we had something tasty to eat for dinner that night: vegan mushroom pho, khao poon with tofu, tofu bahn mi, Burmese cold noodles, and Vietnamese-style green papaya salad. The delivery was super speedy (20 minutes between placing the order and having it delivered—and we don't even live in Fishtown!) and the food was packed immaculately. The khao poon was our favorite, the bahn mi was incredibly tasty, and the Burmese cold noodles were delightful. The soups also reheat well, as we found out the next day, and I think taste even better having had time to allow the flavors to marry further.

If we're ever craving Vietnamese food, we'll be sure to turn to vegan-friendly Stock—in person or via delivery.

Pros: Speedy delivery, BYOB

Excellent Vietnamese noodles - Edit

The vegan menu items are excellent! We had the "gin thoke" salad, the "mushroom broth Pho" and the "khoa poon". noodle soup. All were fresh and flavorful. Good service and friendly. Our server was vegan too.
The neighborhood is up and coming. Many nice shops nearby.

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stock closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.