Stingray

+44-2074824855

135 Fortess Rd, North West London, England, NW5 2HR

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza and pasta place offering a range of vegan items including specials, and has vegan cheese. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LauraMu

great pasta - Edit

I came here during a quiet period and the staff were super nice (such a sweet waiter). The place I think would be a bit more ambient if full of more people (so later on) but it was nice enough.

I got a garlic cheesy vegan pizza bread for a starter as I heard the dough here is great - I agree about the dough but I didn’t like the cheese. It’s personal taste though I think as I’m not a fan of that gooey American style cheese.

I also got the vegan pasta special which was just awesome. Really creamy and delicious. All in all it’s a little expensive but for the food quality and gf and vegan options I’d say it’s worth it.

The price, cheese, and slightly bizarre music (old school r’n’b in an Italian restaurant? Okay) stopped me giving 5 stars but again it’s a matter of taste, and I really appreciated how nice the waiter was, as well as then having good bathroom facilities, WiFi, and a decent location.

Pros: taste, variety, service

Cons: price, vegan cheese

Amazing! - Edit

This place does the best pizza I've ever had (and I've had quite a few). The restaurant prominently advertises the fact it does vegan and gluten-free pizzas on boards outside, and the menu reflects the fact that it caters to everyone. The menu clearly labels what is vegan or can be made vegan (no extra cost for vegan cheese) and has options to create your own pizza and pasta. For any gluten-free vegans there is the option to switch to a gluten-free pizza base (for £3 extra sadly), but unlike many pizza offerings, the base is actually brilliant. There is also gluten-free pasta.
We had the cheesy garlic pizza bread (gf), which was so good and very cheesy; I had the gf vegan calzone vegetariano (gf bases can't be folded) which had aubergine, sundried tomato, olives and mushrooms, as well as tonnes of cheese, it was amazing.
They also do fresh juices, so you can choose 2 fruits with or without ginger and they'll make them into a juice for you.
They don't seem so well kitted out for vegan desserts other than possibly sorbet, but they do everything else so well it's hard to be sad about that.

On a general note I've noticed on Trip Advisor some people complaining about slow service - we went on a Tuesday night and we were literally the only customers in there - however from the delivery drivers coming and going they clearly do a decent trade in takeaway pizza, so I can see that service may be slower when there are more people in the restaurant.

Pros: Generous with the vegan cheese, Loads of vegan options, Gluten-free options are amazing

Cons: No vegan dessert choice

Return to North West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stingray closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.