Sticky Rice

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pan-Asian restaurant with vegetarian section on menu that includes clearly labeled vegan dishes and ones that can be made vegan. Gluten free options. Karaoke. Music by a DJ. Open Mon-Wed 11:30am-10:30pm, Thu-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Pan-Asian, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

Super hip and delicious - Edit

Recently visited DC and really loved this place. We had been wanting a unique vegan sushi and this place delivered for sure! It was the best sushi I have ever had - we got the forbidden veganzirra with forbidden black rice. The Dirty Vegan bowl was amazing. Wish I lived in DC, I'd go here all the time!

Pros: Hip, Unique, Delicious

Many clearly marked vegan and gluten-free options - Edit

Sticky Rice offers many vegan or veganizable options on their menu, including appetizers, noodles, rice dishes, and sushi. As another reviewer noted, this is a great option on H St. for mixed diet groups. I ordered the Mock Chicken Schezuan dish with noodles, which was large enough for 1.5 portions and had good heat to it.

Pros: Large menu, Gluten-free options, Knowledgeable servers

Eating in Harmony - Edit

Searching for a restaurant where both vegans can eat in harmony with everyone else can be a daunting task. Sticky Rice has made it easier.

My spouse (not a vegan) and myself (vegan/newbie) were so pleased with Sticky Rice. Although our first attempt at this restaurant was met with a long wait time, and ultimately us dining elsewhere, our Sunday attempt with a reservation was smooth and awesome!

I ordered a bucket of tots with vegan sauce(spicy yet satisfying) and the GardenBalls! Let me say that the bucket of tots, amazing as they were, were not finished at the table and had to be taken home. We both loved the Gardenballs! The flavors tied together very nicely and may just be our new favorite vegan sushi.

My dining parter ordered miso soup, basic but good, and the Szechuan Shrimp bowl. The shrimp bowl serving was hearty and ultimately taken home as well.

Overall, we enjoyed Sticky Rice. Everyone was very friendly and happy to answer any questions!

Oh, did I mention they serve dessert? So exciting! We shall try that next time!

Pros: Vegan and Gluten Free Options, Vegetarian and Non-Veg Options, Great Value and Excellent Staff/Ambience

Cons: You must inquire about the Brunch Menu, You must ask for the dessert menu, Fri. reservations fill up very quickly

Veg Sushi and Tots - Edit

So where else in DC can you score some vegan sushi, stir fry and tater tots??? Yes, this is your go to fix for the aforementioned vegan delights!

If you want traditional or healthy, think salad, edamame, seaweed and tofu lettuce wraps. Their stir fry and carb bowls of pick your noodle or rice with varying veggies and proteins are filling, but carb heavy- pair with salad for more veggies.

Request vegan dipping sauce for your tots- yum! The tempura is awesome too, but tofu bites not as satisfying.

Now if you go and don't order sushi- what are you thinking??? They have delicious vegan options like the hot hippy and garden balls, along with tempura sweet potato and avocado in some sushi. So good!!

I love this place but hate how sometimes the wait is long. On weekends, they do brunch which tends to be more vegetarian than vegan friendly, but you can still order tots and sushi. Yay for vegan sushi!

Pros: Vegan sushi, Vegan tots, Vegan tempura veggies

Cons: Tend to over eat with many choices, Crowded

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sticky Rice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.