Sticks and Stones Clay Oven Pizza

• Veg-friendly
Contact 336-275-0220

2200 Walker Ave, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA, 27403

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local wood-fired pizza place that offers vegan Daiya cheese, and NC vegan chicken options can be substituted on the pizza. Lots of local, seasonal, and organic veggies as well. Rustic-style interior decoration and twinkle lights. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by brandon.niles

Burger and fries - Edit

We stopped here while traveling from FL to VA. Cute little place, relaxing atmosphere... My wife says she thinks it is run by witches ((something to do with a feminine energy))... We both had the Evergreen burger with rosemary fries. They were very tasty. The burger texture was a little off for me, but the flavor was great! It comes on their focaccia bread which is delicious, pickles, tomato, lettuce, sprouts and onion. If we lived here we would frequent this establishment for sure.
- Vegan Love!!!

good food, great staff - Edit

I've eaten here about 4 or 5 times and have enjoyed it each time. Pizza is delicious and their vegan veggie burger is worth giving a try as well. Their marinara is some of the best I've had in the area. Gives me hope other restaurants will move away from that nasty ketchup sauce.

Wait staff is very accommodating and knowledgeable regarding vegan options. Not sure how they are with vegetarian options since that just seems like a joke to me.

Pros: vegan options, knowledgable staff, good beer options

Musically inclined pizza - Edit

So, it is entertaining that the menu items are named after songs. This was the first thing I had noticed. The pizza was easily made vegan and, when it came out, it was alright. I have had better vegan pizza and I think it would have been better had I not tried the vegan chicken. The personal pizzas were huge, which was nice so that we could have leftovers.

The staff was okay, but nothing to write home about. Aside from that, the decor and atmosphere was nice.

Pros: Daiya available, Large portions

Cons: Distant staff, Ew to the chicken

Worst Customer Service - Edit

When we called to inquire whether the dairy cheese had animal or vegetable sourced rennet, the girl who answered the phone snootily retorted that she did not know and that their was no way to find out. When we asked if their was anyone else there who might know, or if it would be possible to check with the kitchen to get a more clear idea of the ingredients, she just insisted that not only did she NOT know but that nobody else who was working there would know either. We were very disappointed that a place which supposedly carries such great veg and vegan options would be so rude and unhelpful when asked a very simple question about their products.

Pros: none

Cons: Rude staff, unhelpful staff, very poor customer service

Great food for family and friends. - Edit

We used Happy Cow to find this place while traveling. The food was excellent and the service friendly. Tis place is located in a hip little corner in a historic area. While sandwiches are on the menu, almost every table had a pizza (for good reason). The salads were fresh and flavorful. No one was disappointed. The selection of local beers was good. A wonderful first meal on our vacation.

Pros: Fresh salads, Great pizzas, Good atmosphere

Delicious! - Edit

This is a great, local joint. There are several vegan items on the regular menu, such as a fantastic, house-made veg burger and a wonderful salad. The build-your-own pizza is a great choice too. The list of toppings is a veg lover's dream -- arugula, fennel, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, etc. (There are also faux chicken and faux cheese.)

But the true stars are the specials. There are always delicious vegetable-based dishes available! Recently, there have been rosemary potatoes, mushroom risotto with jalapenos, broccoli sauteed in white wine, a hearty minestrone, and curry cauliflower. There was even a baba ganoush pizza!

The vegan items are usually marked on the menu. If there are any questions about ingredients, the servers are always willing to pop into the kitchen and double-check with the kitchen staff.

Vegan cheese and great beer. - Edit

This was my first experience trying vegan cheese. To my surprise the pizza was even better than expected. Great thin crust to enjoy the delicious toppings and not just a mouthful of bread. The pizzas they had designed offer a great variety for ever palate and taste, or you have the option of building your own. They also have great beer selection which includes both local craft brews on draft or in the bottle.

Pros: vegan cheese option, great beer selection

Cons: lack of parking

Vegan Pizza and Veggie Burger - Edit

Try the vegan pizza, and definitely the vegan veggie burger, which is really unique and delicious. Great college atmosphere.

Pros: food, atmosphere, beer

Cons: not a large vegan selection

Return to Greensboro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sticks and Stones Clay Oven Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1958 times since Apr 2012.