Stickhouse - Campo San Polo Venezia

• Other Other
  • ( 9 reviews )

Calle della Madonna, 1971 Campo San Polo, Venice, Italy, 30125

Chain shop with multiple outlets in Venice specializing in gelato on a stick. Has labeled vegan fruit sorbets and soy stick plus toppings like chocolate, pistachios. etc.

First Review by LauraMay

vdecoster

Points +40

27 Nov 2018

Delicious - approved by our kids!

We had the chocolate, strawberry, citrus and mango and they were all delicious! It is nice and different to have an ice cream on a stick with chocolate cover and almonds or coconut or pistache crisps. We came back 3 times !

Pros: Taste, quality, smile

Muaythaikel

Points +61

22 Apr 2018

Delicious vegan treat

There’s a recurring theme with the vegan ice creams in Venice which are mainly dark chocolate however the stickhouse chocolate sorbet lolly with the chocolate dip and either pistachio or hazelnut topping is such a delicious alternative to a magnum and you don’t feel sick afterwards, another must visit in Venice.

JustineMasznicz

Points +243

01 Apr 2018

Not really gelato

I had the chocolate ice cream, it was very rich and tasty, but I wouldnt consider this gelato. Especially while touring around italy for only a short period of time, I think it's worth it to seek out other more authentic dessert options. There's a Gelatoteca here in venice that is amazing!

MerleKoch

Points +42

21 Aug 2017

New

They even had mojito ice and it was delicious!

jennyc32

Points +2561

05 Aug 2017

Delicious chocolate sorbet on a stick!

The vegan chocolate sorbet on a stick was divine! You can get it coated in dark chocolate (the other coatings aren't vegan) and sprinkled with nuts - both highly recommended! This was one of the best ice creams I had in Italy, and I had a lot!

Doro*

Points +357

31 Jul 2016

chocolate sorbet ftw

several vegan icecreams on a stick, including a extremely chocolatey chocolate sorbet!
delicious!
the staff also knew about vegan toppings so I could add yet another layer of chocolate and pistachios!
the price is absolutely ok, 2, 50 for the basic ice plus 0, 50 for each extra (so I ended up paying 3, 50)
nomnom!

Pros: tasty vegan icecream, not only fruit sorbet, price/value

Cons: none

lakris98

Points +28

19 Jun 2016

Awsome

Great vegan choclate ice cream with vegan toppings. If you arr vegan and in Venice, go there!

Smithsesque

Points +74

19 Jun 2016

Gelato on a stick

Great place, and a different way of eating gelato (if you're tiring of the usual ones). It's a lollipop made from gelato. I had a really tasty dark chocolate one, which was so decadent and rich. It was dipped in dark chocolate and then hazelnuts for an extra euro.

If I went back I wouldn't bother with the extra toppings, just because I personally never liked the magnum style ice creams where you bite through chocolate. That's just me! But this was still delicious - definitely give it a try! But it will ruin your appetite if you eat it near to dinnertime..

Pros: New way of trying gelato, Several vegan options

Cons: Not as many vegan options as dairy

LauraMay

Points +135

19 Aug 2015

Vegan ice cream on a stick!

This little place had a good selection of vegan ice pops/ice lollies. Some are fruit sorbets (they are sucrose sugar-free, free of preservatives and made fresh every day with real fruit), the other choice is made with soy (also natural ingredients). They label is vegan on their brochures and the lady at the counter also confirmed it. We tasted pear which was delicious!

You can choose to have it dipped in chocolate (it solidifies right away like a magnum ice cream) and then dipped in pistachios, nuts etc. It was a lovely treat in the heat and didn't taste horribly artificial.

They seemed to be popular as a few of the vegan flavours were gone when we went in the late hours.

Pros: Daily-made with real fruit, Delicious, Toppings made on the spot

Cons: Might sell out some flavours late in day

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stickhouse - Campo San Polo Venezia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.