Stella's Cafe

609-846-9800

4208 Atlantic Ave, Wildwood, New Jersey, USA, 08260

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean-inspired American bistro with juice and smoothie bar. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jmlupariello

Staff doesn't know what's in their food - Edit

I was so disappointed in this place, and I had such high hopes! :-(

1st problem: they advertise as a juice and smoothie bar. When inquiring about what juices they have, the answer was orange juice, apple juice... "Wait, the sign says you're a juice bar?" "Yeah, those are the juices. And we have smoothies." (Huh? Where I'm from, a juice bar *juices* fresh veggies and fruits. Maybe it's a local thing though to call smoothies "juice"? Because I later saw the same thing on the boardwalk.)

2nd problem: I ordered a tofu scramble melt which comes on bread. I asked which breads were vegan, the waitress disappeared into the kitchen for 5 seconds, came back and said "all of them". Red flags going up at this point. "I've never had a vegan croissant, I'll have one of those if it's vegan". 30 minutes later (only one other couple there) when my melt and my husband's beet salad arrived at the table, it really wasn't sitting well with me so I asked to see the croissant ingredient list. Waitress disappears, comes back w what I assume was a manager, who says "we don't know what's in it, I can call the bakery." "But I was told it's vegan?" "We don't know, I can call." That thing was 100% not vegan if they're not specifically requesting a vegan croissant. How can you advertise a vegan melt on your menu without knowing what's in your bread?

The beet salad was a few pieces of arugala and some sliced beets for $12 or $15, I can't remember. Completely not worth it, and by that point I just wanted to disappear I was so humiliated, so we paid for my husband's ice tea and left while the waitress laughed with another table about us.

Cons: Slow service, Poor knowledge of menu items, Overpriced

delicious food + great service! - Edit

Although the menu didn't have TONS of vegan options, it was more than most places down at the shore. They have juice, smoothies, and a few vegan-friendly breakfast items. I got the acai bowl, the vegan melt, which had spicy tofu scramble, rosemary homefries, and vegan cheese, and cold brew coffee (YUM). Everything was amazing, and our waitress was friendly and helpful!

Return to Wildwood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stella's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.