Stella's Cafe and Bakery

Contact 204-772-1556

460 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, MB R3C 0E8

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small chain of cafes in Winnipeg - see website for list. Offers a few labeled vegan menu items; other vegetarian dishes could be made vegan by request. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by gwild

Awesome brunch! - Edit

They have quite a few items on the menu that are vegan. Our Airbnb was not too far from their location on Sherbrooke St, so we were happy to see that they had brunch even during the week. I had the mexican vegan and it was awesome and kept me full for the rest of the afternoon while at the Human Rights museum.

Pros: Delicious brunch!

amazing vegan options - Edit

Stella's was my favorite place to eat when visiting Winnipeg
While this restaurant is not vegetarian they have many vegan and vegetarian offerings. They are clearly marked on the menu.
I had the Vegan Mexican for $10.45. The portion was large and it was amazing.
It included corn tortillas, refried beans, homemade breakfast patties, spinach and mushrooms. It was served with salsa, guacamole and roasted potatoes.
Another day I had the vegetarian lasagna with an arugula salad. The arugula was perfect, not too bitter. The lasagna was quite cheesy but I loved it. Many of their items are vegan or can be made vegan though not the lasagna.
They have numerous locations. This one is located near the University. It was clean, bright and arty.
Many of the restaurants in Winnipeg had few choices for vegetarians so I was delighted to finally have a good vegan meal.
Stellas also has a location at the Winnipeg airport just before security. It was so nice to have a delicious vegan breakfast before my flight. I also ordered the mushroom ragout for the plane.

Pros: delicious , hip, friendly service

Cons: serves meat

Return to Winnipeg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stella's Cafe and Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.