Stardust Video and Coffee

Contact 407-623-3393

1842 E Winter Park Rd, Winter Park, Florida, USA, 32789

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, eclectic cafe offering some vegetarian food and baked goods in addition to international beers/wines and beverages. Dishes that can be made vegan are marked. Live music some nights. Large selection of independent and international film rentals. Mon-Fri 7:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 8:00am-12:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by buff3r

Was really cool... - Edit

I used absolutely love this place, didn't miss going at least once a week in the early and mid 2000s. The treasure of obscure films was replaced with a bar and gone was the charm that brought me to sit in a booth for hours or walk through the partitioned aisles crammed with velcroed video boxes of movies that were on my must-see list. I know that Netflix played a role in the latter but that little niche I'd found known to some artists, hipsters, poets, political activists, and a few regular Joes was replaced with tampon-in-a-teacup artists, drunken hipsters, and general disingenuity. I so miss my old stomping ground but I still have my coffee mug and memories.

From what I remember, if it still holds true, Stardust had some vegan and veggie dishes that ranged from okay to good depending on the cook that day. Servers could be snooty or friendly (depended on their horoscope I guess) but the source is to be considered. Brett was always friendly - why he employed some of the staff is a question to many. I'd recommend this to anyone who hasn't been there just to give it a try but I'm afraid much of what made it special is a bygone.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 18, 2012

Pros: veggie friendly, good beers if you drink, variety of people

Cons: not the unique spot it used to be, now that hipster is mainstream, too many, luke-warm staff

A Small Stage Dressed in Red. - Edit

A Hipster kinda place- a little south of the address given on this website, (East winter park), not Winter Park! After finding it we found it to have plenty of seating, attractive to single speed bike riders, vespa scooters, and a few dog walkers too. I took the advice of one of the reviews and ordered the tempeh grilled sandwich which was fabulous! Went great with the vitamin water and latte. (Which by the way, was surprisingly good when considering the antiquity of their espresso machine.) The service could be much better though, it was difficult to communicate with the girl at the register, I think her way-short skirt may have been diverting her attention at times. (and some of the guys too)

Pros: Food, Bicycle, Scooter Culture, Natural Lighting - Seating Cap.

Cons: Nasty Co-ed Bathrooms..., Ladies, pee outside!

More than a coffeehouse - Edit

A great place to have tea or coffee (good coffee, which is rare), or a drink with friends while watching a band play or going on their slam poetry nights. It's got great bites to eat and will often have fliers and ads for other events going on. There's a killer sno-cone place up the road from it, too! You can rent obscure movies, use your laptop (free wifi), or just go with a group of friends and hang out.

Pros: friendly staff, comfy atmosphere, good drinks

Cons: not enough parking

movies and food! - Edit

This place is pretty cool. Lots of good indie films and good food! The BBW Tempeh sandwich is excellent, and they have kombucha! Sometimes there's music and stuff going on there.

Pros: Good food, Indie Films, Live events

Cons: staff isn't the best

best in orlando - Edit

this is more than your typical cafe. it has independent movies and fantastic vegan/vegetarian kitchen as well a good selection of beer and wine. the microbrews here are awesome. my girlfriend had a fruity brew and i had a samuel smith. the salsa and chips were great, and i would suggest the bbq tempeh sandwich it was finger-licking good. my girlfriend and i hang out here all of the time. great community place.

Pros: friendly staff, food *and* indie movies, microbrews

Return to Winter Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stardust Video and Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1335 times since Aug 2007.