First Review by v_gan

Good but greasy veggie subs - Edit

My family liked the variety of veggie choices available here, but be aware that this is not health food - lots of cheese and sauce on the sandwiches. It is kind of a dive, but yummy.

Pros: lots of veggie selections, good food

Cons: a bit greasy

Nice offerings! - Edit

I recently had the "vegetable medley" sub, which is made up of grilled onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, and smothered in melted provolone and american cheeses. It was very yummy, but I think next time I'll get it with just the provolone cheese. The American cheese was a bit too much for me. They offer all kinds of veggie-meat substitutes, but I don't eat meat substitutes so I can't offer anything on how they taste.
Overall, a wonderful place for a veggie to eat!

Stanlieo's is very Vegetarian Friendly - Edit

Stanlieo's was the first restaruant in Huntsville to cater to the vegetarian community (opened in 1971 started selling Veggie Meats 1974)
Stanlieo's sells Submarine sandwiches that can be meatless - or just no pork - or vegan. They also have salads (pasta at our Governors Drive Location) however I realize that Salads are available most places. For those who have serious alergies and/or specific needs please give them your special requests - they will do anything to serve their patrons better.

Pros: variety, healthy, family friendly

Cons: local only, service varies

Conniebama 22 Feb 2013 - I am sorry I should have mentioned that I am the owner of Stanlieo's Sub Villa - I meant to put that in my "review." My intentions were to make sure the info here was accurate. THANK YOU

Amazing Vegetarian Subs - Edit

Stanlieo's Vegetarian Subs are amazing. It's so hard to find vegetarian food other than a baked potato and salad at a restaurant in and around Huntsville. My favorite is the faux cheesesteak sandwich. When I need something different, that hits the spot.

Pros: Exellent Food, Very large portions

Cons: Bit of a dive

NOT Vegan-friendly!! - Edit

I went to Stanlieo's Sub Villa last night, thinking I was going to get an awesome veggie-meat sub sandwich. Wrong! ALL the veggie meats at this place contain egg. Both the white and wheat bread also contain egg. There isn't a single thing item for vegans at this place other than a bowl of raw vegetables (this is what I was told by the woman working there). I would not recommend this place at all. I was horribly disappointed.

Cons: not vegan friendly

Conniebama 22 Feb 2013 - Stanlieo's only has one "vegan" sub and that would be the veggie medly (no cheese or mayo). Our bread never has had egg in it - neither the white or wheat. I say that only in response to your negative comment. However Stanlieo's doesn't claim to be VEGAN in any way - we do have Vegetarian Subs including the Veggie Combo and the Veggie Steak Kabob Sub - (however you were correct in saying that all of our Veggie meats have egg whites)

I just wanted to update the information that you gave that may have been misunderstood as negative.

Return to Huntsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stanlieo's Sub Villa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.