Stall 11

301 W 29th St (at R. House food hall), Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21211

Restaurant and market space inside R. House, a European style food hall, since summer 2016. Menu reflects modern twists on plant-based food from around the globe. Labels the gluten-free items. Sources from Maryland's biodynamic farms & its own growing operations. Open Mon-Thu 8:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:30am-10:00pm, Sun 8:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by MeganGriffith

Food is bad/inconsistent - Edit

[Edited Feb 2018 to add reviews of more dishes]
I have tried really hard to like Stall 11 but after eating here 5 times I have to say it's just a huge disappointment.

The Korean BBQ cauliflower was almost great. My only complaint about this dish is that the garnishes are added too late and don't stick to the cauliflower at all, so all of that scallion goodness is lost. Otherwise, it's crispy and tasty. I found the sauce had a very slightly weird flavor but it wasn't enough to stop me from eating it.

The gluten-free pumpkin pancakes were pretty good 1 time that we had them. A second time, they had an overwhelming chemical baking powder taste and several large pockets of baking powder that wasn't mixed into the rest of the ingredients. They were also almost paper thin and malformed. Bitter and inedible.

The breakfast scramble (I ordered it sans mushrooms) was tasty the first time although a really small amount for the price. The second time I had it however, it was way too greasy and completely underseasoned. Seemed like it was cooked at too low of a heat.

The chana masala arrived with undercooked rice, undercooked chickpeas, and was inexplicably served with unseasoned raw kale. This dish was nearly inedible. The sauce seemed nice but it was totally underseasoned with regard to salt.

The beet reuben was lacking sauce and heft.

The black garlic kale caesar seemed really promising but my kale was not cleaned or cut properly. I had several large pieces of stem with the leaves torn off which seemed like they were supposed to end up in the compost bin. The pieces of kale were enormous and the dressing was drizzled on top and not mixed together or massaged in. Was really difficult to eat, pieces of kale flying everywhere out of my tiny bowl it was served in. The tempeh seemed to be raw and unseasoned. The crispy chickpeas were nice. The dressing was also great.

The papas bravas - a Spanish tapas dish that I usually LOVE - was served with a bizarre sauce that tasted strongly of tahini and turmeric and not much else, which is completely different from what was advertised on the menu ("aji amarillo dipping sauce"). The potatoes themselves were nicely fried but had no seasoning.

The raven and Californian smoothies were great. Also, they have Donut Alliance donuts now which are awesome.

Just to be clear I would be rating this 1 star if the HappyCow system would allow it.

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-29

Pros: All-vegan, Uses a lot of fresh and local ingredients, Free cucumber water

Cons: Food isn't good

Great vegan philly cheese steak - Edit

My friend and I visited R House after seeing the vegan ice cream options from Little Baby's ice cream on Instagram (definitely check those out). We didn't actually know about Stall 11 until we got there, so it was a pleasant surprise! We went for the vegan philly cheesesteak and cinnamon sugar donuts. The Philly cheesesteak was bomb, I really liked the vegan cheese sauce. The donuts weren't mind blowing, but still a nice treat. Vegan options were clearly marked. They also had free fruit infused water. Staff was kind and the service was quick. Can't wait to return!

Vegan freshness - Edit

Any menu that is all veg*n is troublesome for me: I inevitably stand like a kid in candy shop drooling and not ordering. Thankfully, I knew I wanted the Korean BBQ Cauliflower- it is deep fried goodness and tons of it. If you don't get this dish, I think you are missing out on their signature dish! It's so perfect, but eat it before too much time passes. The crispy thin perfect coating gets soggy.

What else to order? How about some salad with delicious greens- not lettuce, hearty greens. The juices and smoothies are great choices, too. All their baked goods are vegan, but not gluten free. They use an encircled V and gf on the menu to mark what's vegan and gluten free. Awesome.

In a collection of tasty eateries, I wouldn't go anywhere but Stall 11 at R house. This is the only place super vegan friendly!

Pros: Cauliflower!!, Vegan markings on the menu, Smoothies

Cons: Desserts not available gluten free

Seriously delicious eats in a funky industrial chic atmosphere - Edit

Loved the atmosphere at R. House - funky industrial chic vibe with lots of little kids crawling over a playspace on a sunny Saturday morning - and the food at Stall 11 was just the ticket. The Korean cauliflower was a showstopper - the combo of crispy, sweet and tangy was addictive. Our group really enjoyed the Funghi Philly and Kyoto Bowl as well - perfectly prepared and just really yummy. Definitely recommend!

Delicious! - Edit

We went to Stall 11 at the R on a recommendation from Happy Cow and were pleasantly surprised! There were several restaurants there, most with vegan offerings. We had the Korean BBQ cauliflower which was amazing! Truly delicious! We also had the funghi Philly with cashew whiz, which was okay (underseasoned, not enough mushrooms). I can't wait to visit again in the summer and try other dishes!

Pros: Pros: Mostly vegan dishes, locally sourced food,

Cons: Cons: Limited menu

nice spot - Edit

Very cool place to grab a casual meal. Unfortunately, I was there when they opened and they don't start selling more than juices and smoothies until 11 AM. I did have the Kale'n It juice and it was delicious! Now that I have found this place (my gps guided me to the side and back of the building), o will definitely return.

Pros: trendy

Power to the Veg - Edit

It's so exciting to see more and more plant-based food places throughout Baltimore. R. House in Remington has no short supply, and even has a vegetarian vendor—Stall 11. Their korean bbq cauliflower is fantastic (and that's coming from someone who hates cauliflower). Their little nook in the corner of R. House is super chill and there's just a generally very cool atmosphere about the place. I can't wait to go back and try more!

Pros: Great food, Very cool atmosphere, Pleasant staff

Cons: Not entirely vegan — has egg and dairy on the menu

Stall_11Baltimore 16 Mar 2017 - Thanks for stopping by! We are going to be rolling out our Spring menu at the end of March featuring some new bowls and bites. We are also making all of our smoothie vegan. Hope to see you soon!

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stall 11 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.