Stak'd Bar

Contact 414-273-7800

170 S First St (at Old Third Ward), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, 53204

Serves meat, vegan options available. They offer made-in-house black bean burgers which can be substituted for anything on the menu. They also offer five bun options (including gluten-free) and Vegan cheese and mayonnaise. They also have Veg and Vegan-friendly sides and salads. Friendly, helpful staff.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Pretty good vegetarian burgers - Edit

This is a burger joint, but they do have some nice vegetarian and vegan options. I had a quinoa burger on a vegan roll; not ultra healthy, but it tasted just fine.

Pros: Some nice vegan options

Cons: Mostly for non-vegetarians

Great Black Bean Burger - Edit

I stopped in for a quick bite to eat for lunch. I just sat at the bar, and the service was prompt and friendly. I ordered the Black Bean Stacked burger with vegan cheese and sweet potato fries. It was one of the better black bean burgers I've ever had. Don't forget to request that the bun not be buttered, though if vegan.

I'd definitely come back again. And next time I'll try something from their well stocked bar.

Expanded Menu - Edit

I hadn't been to Stack'd for a while, but just went again last night. They have a few new things clearly marked as "vegan" on their menu-- The Black Stack (black bean burger is now vegan), HLT (hummus, lettuce and tomatoe) and Portabella Stack, as well as a few apps and salads. For sides, they offer fries, onion rings, vinegar slaw. They also added brunch on Sat/Sun with a few vegan choices, such as tofu scramble, seitan, granola. They also changed their vegan cheese to Daiya.
I would still recommend Stack'd for a good "burger," nice atmosphere, and of course, extensive beer choices!

Pros: clearly marked menu, affordable, lots of beer!

Cons: could have more choices

Don't go here if you're vegan...vegetarian, maybe. - Edit

Yeah they have vegan cheese (Follow Your Heart brand) and vegan mayonnaise (Vegenaise brand), but what good does that do a vegan when there is almost nothing vegan to put it on? Sure they have a homemade black bean burger but it's not vegan, the waitress said it was just vegetarian. Since I was there with someone I couldn't just leave so I got their 'Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato' sandwich without the hummus and added Vegenaise. I was entirely skeptical about my sandwich; I hope it was truly vegan. With that said if you're vegan, avoid this place...if you're vegetarian, you have a lot more options and you may very well like this place. But to add another point of view, the person I was with (non-vegetarian) said his burger was very lackluster.

This place also loses points because of the horrible service we encountered. There were only two tables in the restaurant (with 4 servers) and the service was very slow. I hate to say it, but some people just should not be working as waiters/waitresses, our waitress being one of them. She was slow, inattentive and messed up my order big time while charging us for extras we didn't even ask for. Given this experience, I will never go back to Stak'd.

Pros: Many vegetarian options

Cons: Horrible service, Few vegan options for vegan condiments

Return to Milwaukee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stak'd Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2182 times since Jun 2010.